Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Trackhawk members,

Effectively immediately Joe Solis of Solis Racing is no longer associated with RacingBrake (dba/RB Performance Brakes), so for your braking need or any technical questions please contact us direct as we are trying to arrange a new dealership to better serve you, and I will assure you of receiving the finest brake parts for your Jeep and an honest price your deserve.

Thank you.

Warren - RB
www.racingbrake.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Trackhawk members,

Effectively immediately Joe Solis of Solis Racing is no longer associated with RacingBrake (dba/RB Performance Brakes), so for your braking need or any technical questions please contact us direct as we are trying to arrange a new dealership to better serve you, and I will assure you of receiving the finest brake parts for your Jeep and an honest price your deserve.

Thank you.

Warren - RB
www.racingbrake.com
Just got my RB brakes installed. So far 100% like stock, but lighter :)

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Since we were not properly represented in the past so I like to present a comparison table for your review and consideration which supplier you should go with (RB or Girodisc). We respect your intelligence so the decision should be from your own than being influenced by sales people.

Note the above comparison is strictly based on objective data from design and material standpoints.

Click here to learn more about how RB brakes are made differently from others:
ROTOR, PAD, BRAKE KIT - TECH INFO - RacingBrake

·
Registered
213 Posts
What happened with Solis?

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From Solis' website:

Other brand: (4 rotors only - No pads) $2,628.00

RB Brand: (4 rotors + pads) $2815

Add pads (Option) for $490.20

From RB website:
We have this value combo kit $2,620.99 with 10% saving over individual axle kits which has been in our website for years.

It's not our intention to compare the price here, rather it's to present the self-explanatory facts for members to know how RB was mis-represented by this company.

RB (rotors and pad) price is $2,620.99 vs. other for $2,628.00 w/o the pads, by adding the RB pads ($490.20) their price is actually $3,118.20 (19% higher than RB).
Since we found this out we contact Joe Solis for an explanation w/o getting a straight forward answer so we decided to correct this misleading information.

Although he should have RB items removed from his website (this announcement was sent to him), but as of now you can still see RB items on his website while he understood he can no longer source from us, so we can only presume that he intends to continue using the same strategy to driver consumers to his favorite vender on the rotor purchase.

Thank you for your reading.

Warren-RB

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
Interesting.
no matter the reason that is just pure shady. I have 10 bucks saying he makes more profit on the other brand, its always money
I have no clue what rotor is better but pushing a customer to another brand just to make a few more bucks is bad. customer should come first without the customer there is no business.
im not one for drama specially internet drama but I am curious what his reason was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting.
no matter the reason that is just pure shady. I have 10 bucks saying he makes more profit on the other brand, its always money
I have no clue what rotor is better but pushing a customer to another brand just to make a few more bucks is bad. customer should come first without the customer there is no business.
im not one for drama specially internet drama but I am curious what his reason was.
As we have established an outstanding reputation in the Jeep SRT / Trackhawk market, we would like to clear the air on what occurred.

First, thank you to all the customers and friends that pointed us here. No one, not one other vendor, could touch the amount of volume that we sold on their XT910 brake pads. To the point where they could not keep up which is understandable in todays environment. This has nothing to do with profit margins. It has to do with the fact that RB is / was constantly changing pricing on their site, changing kits, and changing what was included in the kits. As a family owned business, there is / was no way for us to keep up with that. At the beginning of every year, companies update their vendors if there is any pricing changes for that year and thats it. We do not have the manpower to have one guy sit and monitor the RB site because today they want to add pads to their kit and next week the kit comes with no pads. The pricing that was last up was the last pricing we were made aware of. Then we received a threatening email from the owner and we simply asked if he would like us to remove RB products from the site. Then this occurred.

Many of you know me and will not find one negative review on me or SRG. This is a hobby that has turned into a business, so money is not and will never be an issue. I have taken losses just to ensure that the customer is happy at the end of the day. We have been approached by many other brake companies to push their product and simply don't.

I appreciate and am thankful for the relationship that we had with RB and wish them the best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
As we have established an outstanding reputation in the Jeep SRT / Trackhawk market, we would like to clear the air on what occurred.

First, thank you to all the customers and friends that pointed us here. No one, not one other vendor, could touch the amount of volume that we sold on their XT910 brake pads. To the point where they could not keep up which is understandable in todays environment. This has nothing to do with profit margins. It has to do with the fact that RB is / was constantly changing pricing on their site, changing kits, and changing what was included in the kits. As a family owned business, there is / was no way for us to keep up with that. At the beginning of every year, companies update their vendors if there is any pricing changes for that year and thats it. We do not have the manpower to have one guy sit and monitor the RB site because today they want to add pads to their kit and next week the kit comes with no pads. The pricing that was last up was the last pricing we were made aware of. Then we received a threatening email from the owner and we simply asked if he would like us to remove RB products from the site. Then this occurred.

Many of you know me and will not find one negative review on me or SRG. This is a hobby that has turned into a business, so money is not and will never be an issue. I have taken losses just to ensure that the customer is happy at the end of the day. We have been approached by many other brake companies to push their product and simply don't.

I appreciate and am thankful for the relationship that we had with RB and wish them the best of luck.
Thank you for replying Its none of my business but I was curious. Your side of the story makes sense. I wouldnt or couldnt watch a website to see changes every day either.
Curious what other brake company's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts