Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently when I either start my vehicle manually or via remote start I hear a rattle upon startup for the first few seconds. Almost sounds as if the oil pan is loose or something from underneath the front - from the dash forward - but cannot pinpoint the sound. It's very annoying and always happens on a cold start or if the jeep's been sitting for more than 10 minutes.

Anyone else have this?

·
Banned
362 Posts
I doubt that it's the oil pan or you would have and see an oil leak. Could be a lot of things but I've found a few loose bolts on mine during routine maintenance checks. Any of them could have become a rattle at some point. I'd start by checking the engine bay and bottom side for anything that is loose.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt that it's the oil pan or you would have and see an oil leak. Could be a lot of things but I've found a few loose bolts on mine during routine maintenance checks. Any of them could have become a rattle at some point. I'd start by checking the engine bay and bottom side for anything that is loose.
Dealer says it's normal - says it's the hydraulic lifters in the SRT/Hellcat engines and chatter hard until they pump up with oil. Said it doesn't help that we use thin oil. Makes sense, just don't like the noise.

Anyone use other oil that what's recommended?

·
Banned
362 Posts
Dealer says it's normal - says it's the hydraulic lifters in the SRT/Hellcat engines and chatter hard until they pump up with oil. Said it doesn't help that we use thin oil. Makes sense, just don't like the noise.

Anyone use other oil that what's recommended?
I used Mobil 1 0-40 for the first few changes but switched to Penzoil Ultra 0-40 when I found Mobil 1 didn't meet the Hellcat engine specs. Never noticed any rattle/clatter though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.