Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, I have just bought a trackhawk in Australia, and wonder if the Gthaus system from my 2014 SRT (x pipe system and mufflers) will bolt straight up onto my new trackhawk? Has anyone done this? And is it just the tips that need modifying?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I did contact them directly, and turns out it's the same exhaust basically and just bolts straight up. Original tips fit fine, and actually sounds way better than on the 6.4l SRT I removed it from. It is LOUD. very hard to hear the supercharger whine, so I'm hoping that the JLT intake I have coming will help fix this. I also had the open/close actuators removed so it would be permanently open. I found that they were starting to fail and were causing a rattle noise. Probably something to be aware of in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
2,718 Posts
I’ve heard that’s pretty typical of these actuated exhaust valves. I guess the heat n moisture gets to them after a while. I put on the S type Borla and that’s as loud as I wanted.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think that extra cash you paid is for the different exhaust tips they offer for the trackhawk.

Nope,

Those were $1k extra... and took an extra six months to get....

Go to gthaus.com and check it out... Look up the SRT Jeep exhuast its $2498.00 and the Trackhawk is $2998.00...

The craziest part was when they first put up a picture on their website so you could order the exhuast... It had a true quad exhuast, I.E. 4 pipes went into the muffle 4 came out.... Now they had 2 in on each side... and one out, divided into 4 tips....

I was just happy i got mine after waiting months for it.... I wont get in to how rusted it is =D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a look at the website, very interesting. Glad I found a stock exhaust to put on my old SRT before I sold it, Saved a whole lotta cash. I have not experienced any rust issues at all luckily on my now 5 almost 6 year old GTHaus

·
Registered
212 Posts
Had a look at the website, very interesting. Glad I found a stock exhaust to put on my old SRT before I sold it, Saved a whole lotta cash. I have not experienced any rust issues at all luckily on my now 5 almost 6 year old GTHaus
I believe they switched manufactoring around the time the Trackhawk came out.... Hence why the exhuast took 2 extra months to get and the tips took an extra 5 months to get... and the tips look bad... They stick out so far, and they connect on a curve so you cant just cut them shorter.... Sucks.... o welll live and learn!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.