Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, just wondering if there are any upcoming changes or rumors for 2020?
Colors, options, maybe the Red eye engine? I ask because I may be trading in my 16 Hellcat Charger for a TH, but would
sure love to wait for the Redeye option. Any news or scoop would be appreciated? Also, does anyone know if and when they
plan to switch to the other platform? Thanks, Mark

·
Banned
362 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, just wondering if there are any upcoming changes or rumors for 2020?
Colors, options, maybe the Red eye engine? I ask because I may be trading in my 16 Hellcat Charger for a TH, but would
sure love to wait for the Redeye option. Any news or scoop would be appreciated? Also, does anyone know if and when they
plan to switch to the other platform? Thanks, Mark
I haven't heard but if FCA is monitoring this board, please make note, that another factory supplied 90 to 100 HP would get me back in the showroom. Mine will be two years old next year and I'd be ready by then, even for a window sticker that's 20 to 30k more. New color's and bells and whistles are nice but really not that important to me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven't heard but if FCA is monitoring this board, please make note, that another factory supplied 90 to 100 HP would get me back in the showroom. Mine will be two years old next year and I'd be ready by then, even for a window sticker that's 20 to 30k more. New color's and bells and whistles are nice but really not that important to me.
I totally agree. Demonize or Redeye the TH. Give us a wide body option as well. Give us something that us stock guys would love to trade up to FCA.

·
Registered
157 Posts
$30K more so now you are talking about $130K+ fully loaded whereas you can buy a left over 18K for $85K and spend $10K with a vendor to get it to 1,000hp. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
695 Posts
$30K more so now you are talking about $130K+ fully loaded whereas you can buy a left over 18K for $85K and spend $10K with a vendor to get it to 1,000hp. To each his own I guess.
There are those of us that would much prefer having that kind of power in stock form that’s under warranty and with the massive amount of R&D spending that goes into developing a vehicle with that kind of power. As opposed to a vendor that can only afford one used laptop ducktaped together. I’m not trying to bash any one vendor in particular, but there is no comparison to having a stock vehicle under a factory warranty if it’s going to have 800 plus horsepower. You just can’t compare the two, so the cost comparison doesn’t apply either. Yes, to each their own. I won’t spend 10k modding mine, but I’ll be the first in line to spend double or triple that if FCA offers it on a stock Trackhawk.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The grand Cherokee was on year 8 of production in 19 I believe, and has dated technology and design queues. the ram 19 limited has so much of a nicer interior and technology, it goes to show what a redesign could bring.

Also don't forget guys, were talking about an OLD platform built of an ML Mercedes chassis.

If Jeep decides to go for it, new chassis(500 pounds lighter), 12" screen, 797 redeye package, blacked out front ends from factory, and buttons and switches that aren't the same as our old 13 grand Cherokee, then lets just say I agree 100 % with JMS. this isn't just about horsepower after all, we all daily these things. and in the scheme of things, modding to 1000 is like 6 grand and can and does lower resale value.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Agreed on being willing to trade in mine for a significant bump up (at least 50hp) in factory-warrantied power. But it also needs unique styling inside and out.

Doesn't have to be a lot of $$ to FCA to manufacture unique styling: A hood, better choice of wheels, some interior upgrades and unique badging.

I would eat the depreciation and buy a new one with those changes. That one I would have to own forever, because there won't likely be any more.

But, I think that we already have the last of the THs. The next redesign will 99% likely be on the Alfa platform, which means probably a turbo (possibly twin) V6 as the top engine. That's not enough for me. I'm a V8 guy.

I hope my crystal ball is wrong and there is still a special edition last of the V8 supercharged THs to come in 2020...as a Redeye.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great question and comments... the WK2 started out as a 2011 model so if my jet lagged math is correct 2019 would indeed mark it’s 9th year in production.

The current WK2 Trackhawk... is a [email protected]$$ vehicle regardless of the age of the platform. The Trackhawk AWD system is amazing. And the package, even weighing in at 5200~5300 lbs is awesome. For comparison the new Lamborghini Urus, using a decade newer platform, has a base curb weight of 4,850-4,900 lbs with an aluminum block, aluminum and steel mix in the chassis, aluminum frameless doors, aluminum front subframe, and CCB’s. For a true ‘SUV’ as opposed to a car based platform with a higher roofline (GLC, Stelvio et al), modern safety equipment, physical size, material science and the best technology available today mean that you still have a ‘substantial’ amount of mass to accelerate, turn, and brake.

Would I be up for a revised platform weighing 500 lbs less while retaining a V8? Hell yes! Would a new GC Trackhawk on a stretched Stelvio platform be fun? Another shell yeah with a pair of caveats. I think the Stelvio as it sits today is a smaller platform (more Mercedes GLC than ML/GLE for comparison), and I don’t think a Hemi would fit in the Stelvio engine bay. A WK3 or stretched Stelvio with space for the Hellephnat would be a dream vehicle. But that would not take away anything from the current Trackhawk, at least for me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Great question and comments... the WK2 started out as a 2011 model so if my jet lagged math is correct 2019 would indeed mark it’s 9th year in production.
I think 2010 was a short production year for the end of the WK1, and 2011 was a year off for the GC SRT 8, the WK2 entered in 2012 not ‘11. At least that’s how I recall it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think 2010 was a short production year for the end of the WK1, and 2011 was a year off for the GC SRT 8, the WK2 entered in 2012 not ‘11. At least that’s how I recall it.
I do remember the break in the SRT but had it in my mind that the WK2 was a 2011 intro? Regardless, it is an older platform, no doubt, but a solid one that continues to deliver the goods!

·
Registered
128 Posts
There definitely is somethign to be said about having an 800 hp car with a warranty. I am a car guy through and through, but the more I think about modding the Jeep the better I recall the slippery slope that becomes, and at the end of the day, a 1000 hp jeep just doesn't do what a 1000 hp car can do, so if high HP and ultimate performance are your goals hang on to the WK2 and save that 50k (after depreciation plus cost of the new one) and buy a car that you can go bananas with :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really would be surprised if they even continue them. I mean, there are many 2018s still sitting around in showrooms these days. Like anyone else, I would wish as well but having this one, I feel pretty darn lucky to have it now as I just got it. It is a pretty awesome setup regardless! I remember when I had the 420HP in my 2006 Jeep SRT. I never dreamed they would get these things to 707HP!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts