Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing this Strut Brace as part of a suspension package:

But in description it said 'excluding trackhawk'. I asked owner and he said the following:

"The strut bar does not fit the coolant bottle is in the way guys running the bars on a hawk have relocated that to a remote location and honest I never really ask who or how they are doing it LOL."

Do I even really need a new strut brace if I"m not doing serious racing? Or any ideas on how hard it would be to relocate coolant bottle? This is the whole package, it looks sweet: Black Ops KILLSHOT Suspension pack. JEEP 2012-2020

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
There is another option, search strut brace on here and I’m sure you’ll find the thread. A few people are running them and they say it helps some but if you ask this on FB you’ll hear that it’s a total waste of money but they aren’t running one so how would they know? The one you can find on here can be done in whatever color and only requires minor trimming to the coolant tank.
Will it help? My guess would be somewhat but at the end of the day this thing isn’t made for cornering so if you like the way it looks and you got the cash, then get it. I wouldn’t expect drastic results though with either brace.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my question is why do you even think you need a strut brace?
Great question. It's because this was part of a 'suspension package' at Black Ops. So I assumed it was needed. I"m very ignorant on mechanics and mods. But I'm learning as best I can as I go... I just learned "nope, don't really need a $800 strut brace" :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm considering purchasing this Strut Brace as part of a suspension package:

But in description it said 'excluding trackhawk'. I asked owner and he said the following:

"The strut bar does not fit the coolant bottle is in the way guys running the bars on a hawk have relocated that to a remote location and honest I never really ask who or how they are doing it LOL."

Do I even really need a new strut brace if I"m not doing serious racing? Or any ideas on how hard it would be to relocate coolant bottle? This is the whole package, it looks sweet: Black Ops KILLSHOT Suspension pack. JEEP 2012-2020
X+ Pilot makes and sells them on this forum and will color match. I have one and it does what it's intended to do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had that black ops strut tower brace on my old 18’ SRT and it was 100% a waste of $800. They originally didn’t include the correct hardware and the hood prop rod would not fit properly with the strut bar. The hood strut would interfere with the brace (rubbing the finish off) and it was pushing into the plastic part by the firewall.

When (or if) my dealer ever can or does order a 2021 trackhawk for me, it’s not getting a strut tower brace as it’s really not needed. I felt no difference in handling or going over bumps. The brace did look good though, just poor execution on the hood strut mounting point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts