Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Mark I see on FB that Hennessey is already turning out their Trackhawk conversions. How is yours getting on?

·
Vendor
105 Posts
So they claim to have the 1012bhp (assumed horse power) package available for purchase.

What's weird is...they say they're making that with a pulley and headers? C'mon! I can think of plenty of other ways to blow 30k on mods lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So its been 5 weeks since dropping off my Trackhawk. I just sent an email asking for status update. the original quote was for 6 weeks, so I'm not feeling confident they will hit that date. But with a car so new and an ECM that needs to be retuned, I'm giving them a bit of leeway. So anyone that's interested i will update my status as it changes.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I'm sure they tested the **** out of the TH drivetrain before releasing it to the pubic. This thing already launches "much harder" than anything I have ever owned. e.g. Multiple Vettes and a couple of WK2SRT's, etc. I'm not a professional driver but I am very familiar with launching both rear and AWD high performance vehicles. And while generally I'd agree that more HP is good, I'd be very concerned about pumping 800 to 1000 HP through a drivetrain designed for ~700. I suspect the AWD engineers at FCA spec'd this beast out to handle X% more power but how much and for how long?

Years ago, a performance shop owner once told me, he can "easily" build/mod the engine in any performance car that will blow it's stock drivetrain within the first few runs. So I guess my question is just how much is too much for the TH's drivetrain.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the front part of the drivetrain will be the Achilles heel as that is pretty much a straight carryover front the SRT. (Read somewhere on Fb a guy switching drive to 50/50 v 30/70 to do a run! That’s one scary way to test it!)

Curious to know how SRT owners and their OEM drivetrain got on with similar HP upgrades over the years.

·
Vendor
105 Posts
I think the front part of the drivetrain will be the Achilles heel as that is pretty much a straight carryover front the SRT. (Read somewhere on Fb a guy switching drive to 50/50 v 30/70 to do a run! That’s one scary way to test it!)

Curious to know how SRT owners and their OEM drivetrain got on with similar HP upgrades over the years.
We've yet to have issues with the front diffs on the built WK2s we've highly modded, or the WK1s for that matter. It's the OEM rear diffs that fail when making north of 800 or so HP. I'm talking WK2 SRT8s however. They've beefed up the drivetrain in the TH to support the extra loads so I'm assuming we'll have a bit of wiggle room to grow without worry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
15k for an unlocked pcm, ati lower pulley, belt, embroidered head rests and a tune? No thanks...

You can get a lot more elsewhere for a lot less. We'll be putting together some nice packages for the WK2 TH applications soon. To give you an idea, a blower pulley, ID1050 injectors, unlocked pcm (we have this covered already), diablo t2 tuner, custom tuning with dyno runs is worth about 720-775 WHP on pump 93 depending on the pulley size used. This runs about 4500 installed, tuned, out the door.
Now tell me how I get that out here in LA!

Seriously, do you have any shops you've worked with out here before?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Any luck with hennessy...? I am sure its pretty normal they go over their quoted time... But in todays day and age i feel that is much more common... Especially with a new build like this... I know they are churning out those "Exorcist" But they havent even released solid numbers on that car.... Unlike the Demon... who i have a feeling would win in a race.

Sure glad Demon is a lot closer to me then Hennessey.... Please refer me to local hotels in your area demon =D... I want to start looking around =D lol

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
We have already got 1 TrackHawk tuned and making big power with a lower overdrive pulley,injectors,correct length belt and stock air filter we have put down a solid 732 AWHP. Since then we have had a flood of these vehicles wanting to come in. It is amazing the power we can pull from just a few simple bolt on's and lots of tuning. We are currently working on E85 and can not wait to see what that one does.

We also offer a pcm unlock service for anyone who needs tuning so you do not have to buy a second pcm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
15k for an unlocked pcm, ati lower pulley, belt, embroidered head rests and a tune? No thanks...

You can get a lot more elsewhere for a lot less. We'll be putting together some nice packages for the WK2 TH applications soon. To give you an idea, a blower pulley, ID1050 injectors, unlocked pcm (we have this covered already), diablo t2 tuner, custom tuning with dyno runs is worth about 720-775 WHP on pump 93 depending on the pulley size used. This runs about 4500 installed, tuned, out the door.
Will the ECM be locked or will we be able to adjust it when we want?
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
The lack of response from the orig poster really makes me happy hennessy never answered any of my e mail/callls.... My trackhawk was not worthy for them anyway apparently. Hope all is well with yours good sir.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Thank you for the mention. As many of you know we currently have several TrackHawks here and offer several packages using the existing blower and stock fuel pumps making big power.

We believe there is a package for any and everyone from just the basic but super complex tune on the 2018 model all the way up to the S1025 package. If there is something specific you may want or you do not see do not hesitate to give us a call p.m. or e-mail. We can do performance package on 91 and 93 octane along the ability to to flex fuel capability.

Give me a call 313-561-5500 ext 122
or e-mail [email protected]

For all your TrackHawk performance needs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Received the estimate for the parts, thank you. Forgot to ask when we spoke, but will there need to be a fuel/ethanol sensor installed to truly run FLEX tune? Can we select different tunes once programmed or have to stay with only the one flashed tune?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts