Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contemplating picking up a manual challenger scatpack 392 for ripping around on weekends but wondering if i will be underwhelmed power wise going from my daily driver Hawk. Just wondering if anybody has both the hawk and a 392 manual and if they can still enjoy the NA power?

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Based on the number of 6.4’s that I have destroyed, I would think you’d miss the power but I’m heavily modified as well. I’m thinking of picking up an electric for my daily purposes and am trying to find something with enough power that I won’t be disappointed every time I get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Not sure what exactly what you're aiming for, but 392s (and Hellcats) have severe traction issues unless rolling around on drag radials. Something to keep in mind.

Reactions: Slowride

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the reply’s fellas. I read up on traction issues and Im ok with that, just looking for something sportier for summer months and I have always been in love with the looks of the challenger, just worried that now that im used to so much power that it will not be as much fun as i imagine even with a stick shift. I would consider the hellcat but they are going for way over msrp around here and not available in the manual transmission anymore hell even 2015’s are going for over sticker price of a new one! Crazyness.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Yeah man whatever suits your need and wants! I will say, do some research on the 392. They've had their share of lifter issues due to the design of the MDS.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
You're right! Looked right over that. (y)

Reactions: Slowride

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have driven several Scat Packs and Hellcats Chargers and Challengers (including a 6sp HC Challenger). I love driving the Scat Packs and they are a lot of fun without being as almost unusably looney as the Hellcats. I have not checked the gear ratios for the 6sp Scat Packs but in the Hellcat I drove, the gearing was pretty tall if I recall correctly. Probably to mitigate power. Having owned a 2015 SRT Jeep with that same basic engine and now a 2018 Hellcat, I will tell you that I think the automatic 8sp seems to suit the engines so much better because the ratios are very short. I have roll raced a Scat Pack Charger and my TH pulled away more easily than I would have thought but when I have driven the Scat Packs, they didn't feel like slugs or anything. Very, very, very fun cars for sure (which is hard for me to admit as a long-time Mustang guy who currently has a GT350R).

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
82 Posts
Contemplating picking up a manual challenger scatpack 392 for ripping around on weekends but wondering if i will be underwhelmed power wise going from my daily driver Hawk. Just wondering if anybody has both the hawk and a 392 manual and if they can still enjoy the NA power?
Well there are many way better options tgat a scat pack
1. ctsv
Well there are plenty of pre-owned better options...some in the same power & torque range as a scat or far better:
1. CTSV coupe 2015 & up(Z06 engine)
2. C6 Grandsport Vette
3. E-Class preowned AMG (beautiful exhaust sound)
4. Mustang GT 350r
5. Mustang GT 500r
These choices are mechanic friendly & budget also...now your not doing TH numbers but you are stylish 😎 unique...and most importantly still very able to dish out a can of whipazz too many line crossers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts