Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was stoked when I saw the TH in the episode. But when they finished the bit I was disappointed. They could have tested it or demoed it more or even put it around their test track for a time on the board (I get they weren’t in the UK).

Overall I was disappointed in that episode. The time they spent in the dune buggies was better than the track time in the 3 road cars “drifting”.

I have a feeling this might be the last season. They are getting old and running out of ideas.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I was stoked when I saw the TH in the episode. But when they finished the bit I was disappointed. They could have tested it or demoed it more or even put it around their test track for a time on the board (I get they were in the UK).

Overall I was disappointed in that episode. The time they spent in the dune buggies was better than the track time in the 3 road cars “drifting”.

I have a feeling this might be the last season. They are getting old and running out of ideas.
top gear ran for ever as long as they keep making cars the show can go on.
100% agree they needed more in the cars less of the RVs. TH around their track would of made up for it,lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also was disappointed. It's nice that Hammond acknowledged that the TH exists, but his review was half-hearted - especially with they way they had gushed about the different Range Rovers they have featured on Top Gear / Grand Tour. I mean they introduced the TH as America's answer to the Urus (sp?). I was thinking the TH came out at the same time, or before the Urus. Who cares if an AWD SUV can drift? They totally missed the boat in that feature.

In fact that whole feature was pretty lackluster. They practically said nothing positive about the Vette or Caddy which are great machines and I would bet they would hold their own against their European counterparts. And while I am on my soapbox, Clarkson and May (to a lesser degree) often depict American cars - and America for that matter - in a bad light. On this show he often referred to these slummy RV parks as typical America, then depicting the rundown part of town when looking for restaurants. In a previous show on Detroit they focused on all the rundown parts implying that is the current status.

I would love to see comparisons between all these hi-performance SUV recently marketed (TH, Urus, Cayenne, X5 M, Caddy, Range Rover, F Pace, etc. including track times, strip times, MSRP etc..

All that being said I still watch the show because it is the best car enthusiast entertainment show.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Clarkson is an american car lover though. He had a ford gt 2006. Europeans don’t really care about straight line racing. We don’t even have draggstrips here. We care about handling and tracktimes like on the Nurnbergring. America is more brutal power with simple but massive technology 2 valves/ cylinder, big displacement. That is what i like too. Cars with a deep intimidating sound and a vast acceleration. Cars with an unpollisched side. But this really is a different culture over here. I was on Spa Francorschamps yesterday with our viper acr e. We got a lot of attention as american car between porsches ferrari’s and lamborghini’s. And then you see that it is such a pitty that dodge did not make the gearbox better. But still you get a lot of tumbs up. So in a way Europeans appreciate american cars but they are unknown and on paper the technology is of another eara... tax systems kill them off in most European countries

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts