Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Some may remember my rant back in January about my woes since day one of getting my trackhawk. After replacing leaking struts, a shot transfer case, encoder motor and fuel line repair (all at different times) I thought my troubles were over as . Seems as though my CV joints are now shot with 3800 miles.

I am struggling to want to keep this truck with this record, but it is so **** fun when it runs. I have been able to get a 0-60 several times under the published 3.5 including a few 3.1 and was planning to take it out on the local drag strip for street legal night.

Is it just me? Did I get a lemon or is anyone else having constant issues? Jeep actually paid me back several months of payments so far since it had been in the shop for over 12 weeks so far since december.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know I was apprehensive while waiting the five months to take delivery. Fortunately for me, I have had minimal problems outside of a couple of minor recalls. At the point you are at, I would approach Jeep and FCA about a replacement vehicle. Not sure where you are located, but some states have lemon laws for cars that spend more time in service than they do on the road. You certainly seem to have a case. You should not be having this many problems with a $100,000.00 vehicle that was supposed to go thru at least two (2) quality control checks. Would suggest contact Jeep Customer Care and start a conversation about getting your vehicle replaced.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemon Law

I just reached out to an attorney and hoping that they can do something. Lemon law can be tough. Sometimes it has to be the same problem more than 3 times, but I am submitting a claim as getting me loaners and paying my payment is not enough for the inconvenience. Not to mention if i ever try to sell this car privately and someone does a carfax on it I will get hammered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just reached out to an attorney and hoping that they can do something. Lemon law can be tough. Sometimes it has to be the same problem more than 3 times, but I am submitting a claim as getting me loaners and paying my payment is not enough for the inconvenience. Not to mention if i ever try to sell this car privately and someone does a carfax on it I will get hammered.
Not sure of the laws in your state, but in TX if I recall correctly it's 3 attempts, OR over 30 days in service. And the 3 attempts/30 day limit does not have to be consecutive. Just has to be within 12 months/12,000 miles? If you have logged 12 weeks that timer should have expired long ago. But yes, has to be for the same exact issue.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just curious, but did you start having problems before or after you signed up to this forum? I’m wondering if you jinxed yourself with your name - Trackhawkdown, cause it’s always down. Or was it after the problems started, and as such you just felt it was an appropriate handle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started the forum to find out if anyone else was having chronic issues, hence why I came in with the handle "Trackhawkdown". I had issues from the first day that I picked up the truck and thought it would be all sorted out by now, but yet again it continues to have new issues.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I started the forum to find out if anyone else was having chronic issues, hence why I came in with the handle "Trackhawkdown". I had issues from the first day that I picked up the truck and thought it would be all sorted out by now, but yet again it continues to have new issues.
There’s a member here (don’t recall his handle off the top of my head) that told his story about picking up his Trackhawk and it not even making it off the dealer’s lot (some serious engine issue I recall)! He said they took it back and built him another one (which I think he received in only a few weeks time). It’s too bad your problems weren’t as severe and as sudden as something like that. It sounds like a lemon nonetheless. Good luck with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts