Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the duplicate post, but I put wanted to share this with a broader audience.

Hi all, I jumped into my Jeep after my mother in law returned from a trip in it (easiest way to put break-in miles on it :p ) and I noticed that the passenger seat had water on it. When I looked up I saw that the sunglass holder had water beaded on it. I wiped the water off after I got over my disappointment and started her up to go down the street to a Walgreens. When I got to Walgreens it wasn't raining that hard anymore but the water had collected once more :crying: . I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else in the community?!?

The only reason I am semi reluctant to go straight to the dealer is because my mother in law said she accidentally hit the moon roof button to try and turn off off the interior lights (why were they randomly on?!? makes me think that water was already through the seal and shorted something,turning them on), but immediately closed it. When I got in I made sure it was fully closed and it was, so I would like the community's opinion!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha agreed on the brave comment. She drives like a grandma ...which she is... or so I thought, until she started talking about how fast it was lol SMH. Would you take it in and be without it for a fe weeks or would you wait until the next time it rains heavily to see? I just don't know what other damage can happen as a result...I know if it got into the cabin my suede-"like" headliner has to be soaked. I definitely don't want there to be a moldy smell after a while :/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ran the garden hose and found that it did NOT leak. I'll have to wait for the next big rain storm to validate that it was the mother in law and not the seal :p I'll report back to close this one out!

·
Registered
168 Posts
A SRT YouTuber said the Jeeps have a known issue with the windshield seals leaking. It may be leaking in from the edge and making its way to the sunglass holder area. I’d go back and check with the hose again and this time focus on the window seal top and corners.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Hellhawked! I tried spraying the corners of the windshield and didn't find that the water made it through to the cabin :/ I set up an appointment to take it in wednesday morning so I will let you all know what they find.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
I found my oil filter loose n leaking and my supercharger belt off a rib along with crooked badging and quad tips. Jeep should’ve paid more attention when they partnered with Mercedes. Glad it’s getting fixed and you can finally stop cursing the mother in law under your breath. 🤭

·
Registered
168 Posts
Quality control seems to be an issue with FCA. I’m new to FCA and the quality posts have me concerned - did I make a wise choice or should I have spent 10-16k more and bought a slightly slower X5M or X6M and never think twice about quality.

Almost 2k miles on mine and no issues, so I’m hopefull that only the people with problems are on the forums and everyone else is just enjoying roasting every 5.0 and Vette from stoplight to stoplight.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Quality control seems to be an issue with FCA. I’m new to FCA and the quality posts have me concerned - did I make a wise choice or should I have spent 10-16k more and bought a slightly slower X5M or X6M and never think twice about quality.

Almost 2k miles on mine and no issues, so I’m hopefull that only the people with problems are on the forums and everyone else is just enjoying roasting every 5.0 and Vette from stoplight to stoplight.
The QC seems to be hit or miss. Some people have gotten slammed with several issues, while others have nothing at all. I’ve had zero to speak of, 3.5k miles in. The ones that have had problems seems for the most part to have had them from the start, so I’m guessing you are safe. Just enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’m one of the ones that got slammed. I plan on getting a new one when the paperwork for the refund finalizes. I’ve been search for “late VIN” TH’s, with the hope that the last six numbers in the VINs are relatively sequential and based on build order. I hope that’s the case!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found my oil filter loose n leaking and my supercharger belt off a rib along with crooked badging and quad tips. Jeep should’ve paid more attention when they partnered with Mercedes. Glad it’s getting fixed and you can finally stop cursing the mother in law under your breath. 🤭
Infuriates me . . . I haven't mentioned that when I got it my tips were all crooked and my badge only said "SUPERCHARGE" with no "D". Mother in law is not off the hook yet :p

Glad you brought this up!!! I actually traded in my X5M for this because of all of the QC issues with BMW along with the requirement to carry hard-to-find tools if you want to do your own maintenance to avoid the over inflated costs of labor/parts.

The QC seems to be hit or miss. Some people have gotten slammed with several issues, while others have nothing at all. I’ve had zero to speak of, 3.5k miles in. The ones that have had problems seems for the most part to have had them from the start, so I’m guessing you are safe. Just enjoy the truck.
I plan on it after this is done!

I’m one of the ones that got slammed. I plan on getting a new one when the paperwork for the refund finalizes. I’ve been search for “late VIN” TH’s, with the hope that the last six numbers in the VINs are relatively sequential and based on build order. I hope that’s the case!

Ouch, I'm sorry for the bad luck! What VIN are you wanting to be the minimum you'll start entertaining?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Anything > mine! My VIN ends in 223xxx. If it is sequential, something greater than that...
I was told a while back (somewhere on this forum) that they’re not sequential, that there’s no rhyme or reason for them. Since I ordered mine the first weekend they went on the market last year mid August, I just assumed it’d be a low production number, but I couldn’t make heads or tails of my number vs others. They just seemed very random.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was told a while back (somewhere on this forum) that they’re not sequential, that there’s no rhyme or reason for them. Since I ordered mine the first weekend they went on the market last year mid August, I just assumed it’d be a low production number, but I couldn’t make heads or tails of my number vs others. They just seemed very random.
Well, that sucks! Thanks for the info. I guess I'm rolling the dice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts