Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Anyone hardwire a dash cam???

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Purevil 
#1 ·
I’m trying to find where to wire my dash cam inside my TH, without having to run wiring through the firewall to the fuse box. Anyone done this? I need a 12v always hot and a 12v switched source to tap into.

#2 ·
I know some people have tapped into the wires of the rearview mirror assembly for radar detectors, but you may not find a constant wire there.

Since I only run mine while I'm driving, I ran the 12v plug behind the glovebox and inside the pillar/headliner for my cam.

#4 ·
New TH owner here with same issue. Need a switched 12v source for mine. Seems this is not as easy as in other cars that have fuse boxes in the passenger compartment. I read somewhere to look for a pink wire with a yellow stripe but that just does not seem to be specific enough. Does anyone have a wiring diagram and/or pics of exactly best wire to tap? FWIW, manual says for constant power to tap positive right off the battery which is under the passenger seat, and ground to frame.

#8 ·
Reactions: ROCKETW19
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.