Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TH on order because it was one of the last allocations around here. I ordered it for MSRP as most places were asking $5-10k over sticker which I find ridiculous. If anyone on here got there's for at or closer to invoice and wouldn't mind PMing me which dealership and who a good contact there would be, I would greatly appreciate it! Buying a house in the next few months so being able to order one for invoice could be the difference between me getting the TH or not :/

·
Registered
695 Posts
I paid dealer invoice, but that was back during the first few days they went on the market, it was a buyer’s market based on how FCA handled the allocations. All it took was calling a rural Jeep dealer that didn’t have a prayer selling their allotment before it got pulled from them. I think getting it at dealer invoice now will be a bit harder to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a dealer selling it below MSRP simply because of the limited amount that's being produced by Jeep. Doesn't hurt to try JMS935's method I suppose and maybe you'll get lucky. But above sticker is never worth it IMO.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's hard to really know since I had a late model trade involved but according to my best calculations, I paid about 5k under window sticker right off the showroom floor and got top dollar for my trade.

Bottom line, I left feeling good about the deal, and to me that is all that matters.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It's hard to really know since I had a late model trade involved but according to my best calculations, I paid about 5k under window sticker right off the showroom floor and got top dollar for my trade.

Bottom line, I left feeling good about the deal, and to me that is all that matters.
Nice job Car-Guy! I’ve got my SRT8 on eBay right now since the cross country trade in isn’t possible.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a dealer selling it below MSRP simply because of the limited amount that's being produced by Jeep. Doesn't hurt to try JMS935's method I suppose and maybe you'll get lucky. But above sticker is never worth it IMO.
This method only worked until August 14th, as every dealer got one allocation and must’ve had it sold by then or risk losing it. The rural dealers that would be willing to sell these below MSRP won’t be granted any allocations of them now, as it’s based on their SRT sales. That window is most likely closed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered one 2 weeks ago from a smaller dealer. They had one allocation left. It’s built and should be shipping this week. They took $1000 off MSRP. I did see a couple dealers that had one or two sitting on the lot but it wasn’t what I wanted and they were asking over MSRP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Almost believable. Almost.

Hey Bar, if I posted it, it's true. I am new to this forum but I have been on Corvette forums for years. I know people post sh*t. I don't.

I am a very good customer at my dealer. This is their second allocation; they gave away the first. They realize they are not in a market heavy with TH buyers.

Oh, and yes- apologize.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Koons was selling at 2% below invoice, so not unheard of.
They currently have 13 TH’s for sale on their website and all are priced well above MSRP, from anywhere between 5-10k over sticker. How does the same dealer go from selling these under dealer invoice to being one of the most expensive dealer’s in the country?!? This doesn’t make much sense.

But I don’t doubt that many of these will end up selling well below MSRP once they get realistic, as they clearly over estimated the demand for this vehicle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure why they are doing this now unless they did that because of the recall or know something that has not been made public yet (limited to 1 year run like the original rumor was).

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not sure why they are doing this now unless they did that because of the recall or know something that has not been made public yet (limited to 1 year run like the original rumor was).
It doesn’t matter how limited these are in supply, the demand for them is even less. This hasn’t changed since day one. So they made 1% on the vehicles they sold under dealer invoice, and will probably not make much more than that on the dozen or they bought on spec. That’s not good risk/reward parameters in my book, but what do I know I’m not a car dealer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got mine for $500 under MSRP. Along with alot more for my trade in than it was really worth... So probably more like 3 under... I have also bought over 300k worth of cars from this dealership over the past few years..... I am sure if you are friendly enough... deals are to be had out there!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem is with getting one for under MSRP. The biggest problem I had a few weeks ago was finding any TH's for sale with-in 300 miles of my home location. I finally found a few (very few), but everyone was simply quoting MSRP when I called or wrote to them. When I finally found one setup like I wanted, I was able make a deal "on line" for under MSRP, after just a few days of email exchanges. I was also able to get top dollar offer for my trade (sight unseen). Never even drove to a dealers site until the deal was effectively done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Almost believable. Almost.

Hey Bar, if I posted it, it's true. I am new to this forum but I have been on Corvette forums for years. I know people post sh*t. I don't.

I am a very good customer at my dealer. This is their second allocation; they gave away the first. They realize they are not in a market heavy with TH buyers.

Oh, and yes- apologize.
Cool. No reason for me to apologize and certainly no reason for you to prove it. I just saw you went from knowing nada about THs three days ago to having a new one and thought it a little odd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am back in the high performance Jeep game now because I traded my 2015 JGCSRT for a Lexus. Big mistake.

As I got up to speed on what TH brings to the table and looked around my area, I was really surprised to find about 15 on dealer lots within 50 miles of me. A check of the same area does not show a single SRT on anybody's lot.

I loved my SRT. I am looking forward to the TH as a step up.

The deals people can make depend on a lot of variables, supply and demand, and a person's negotiating skill being some. As we can see prices are all over the lot. But IMHO the TH is not a car for which anyone should pay an above- MSRP markup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They currently have 13 TH’s for sale on their website and all are priced well above MSRP, from anywhere between 5-10k over sticker. How does the same dealer go from selling these under dealer invoice to being one of the most expensive dealer’s in the country?!? This doesn’t make much sense.

But I don’t doubt that many of these will end up selling well below MSRP once they get realistic, as they clearly over estimated the demand for this vehicle.
Floor plan on those cars has got to be killing them.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts