Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The screen is bubbled up on my infotainment and I might be outside my warranty. Thinking if I have to pay to replace then maybe go with aftermarket.

Not sure if there is a drop in replacement for these that might be better than stock.

Anyone have any experience in these matters?

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
12 Posts
I'm waiting on my trackhawk to be built so I haven't had a chance to really look into what is possible.

Looks like Crutchfield has all the pieces necessary to replace the OEM unit with an aftermarket one though. Worth taking a look to see what is involved.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The screen is bubbled up on my infotainment and I might be outside my warranty. Thinking if I have to pay to replace then maybe go with aftermarket.

Not sure if there is a drop in replacement for these that might be better than stock.

There are a few larger options out there but I don't think they are U.S. based. I would call a few audio stores in your area or a couple of the big guys like Alpine, JBL, etc. or maybe Crutchfield to see what, if anything, they recommend.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
The screen bubbling is a known issue, you might be able to get fca to cover it still. It’s worth a shot and I think I’ve heard of someone else getting it done outside of warranty

·
Registered
331 Posts
A used one might be an option as well, but will likely have to be programed at the dealer after the install. I know the bezel changed in 2019, but not sure if the Radio/Nav did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, I had this same issue out of warranty, it was not even covered by the extended warranty. My service advisor gave me a number to I want to say it was uconnect customer service. I opened a ticket with them, they reached out to the service advisor, and they approved a replacement at no cost. It was a rebuilt unit though but it was all taken care of.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I traded in a '17 SRT8 and purchased a '18 TH about 6 months ago. The SRT8 had the DVD package and the high-end sound system. My TH has the same system, but it performs about 70% as well as my SRT8. I spent a couple months calling audio shops within 150 miles or so of where I live and they all said the same thing. With the imbedded noise cancellation tech included within the system, I was going to have to replace EVERYTHING if I wanted an aftermarket system or to even add different parts and pieces to upgrade the lower end components.

Were they all either not knowledgeable or just lazy and didn't want to touch it, please someone let me know. The previous system in the SRT8 really spoiled me. I'd like to regain that quality if possible and semi affordable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I traded in a '17 SRT8 and purchased a '18 TH about 6 months ago. The SRT8 had the DVD package and the high-end sound system. My TH has the same system, but it performs about 70% as well as my SRT8. I spent a couple months calling audio shops within 150 miles or so of where I live and they all said the same thing. With the imbedded noise cancellation tech included within the system, I was going to have to replace EVERYTHING if I wanted an aftermarket system or to even add different parts and pieces to upgrade the lower end components.

Were they all either not knowledgeable or just lazy and didn't want to touch it, please someone let me know. The previous system in the SRT8 really spoiled me. I'd like to regain that quality if possible and semi affordable.

Active noise cancellation can be defeated a couple ways one being disconnecting the ANC headliner microphones. Another option is to use AlphaOBD app on Android or Windows to disable the ANC system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Active noise cancellation can be defeated a couple ways one being disconnecting the ANC headliner microphones. Another option is to use AlphaOBD app on Android or Windows to disable the ANC system.
Thanks Double G. I'll call one of the local shops and mention that. I live in a fairly small rural area of Western WI. Maybe they just haven't dealt with it often enough. Lol or maybe they just don't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Double G. I'll call one of the local shops and mention that. I live in a fairly small rural area of Western WI. Maybe they just haven't dealt with it often enough. Lol or maybe they just don't want to mess with it.
No problem, have heard of guys opening their sunroofs, gently pulling down the headliner near sunroof cutout just enough to reach in and unplug one or two of the ANC microphones disabling the ANC output through an aftermarket subwoofer.

I am just learning the AlphaOBD app as it is very powerful. Clears codes, intilatizes the ABS modules, turns on factory options like trailer lights, add windows down feature to your key fob, reconfigure back up lamps to turn signals, disable DRL drop out when your turn signal is on, program fobs, TPMS sensors....... Data logging, diagnostic components tresting...... ... tons of stuff you can do for only $49.
Can disable ANC from what I understand and is not VIN locked to one car so it works on multiple FCA vehicles.

Many videos on YouTube to check out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The app sounds interesting. Considering the cost of aftermarket parts, that's inexpensive for a ton of possible functionality. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
The app sounds interesting. Considering the cost of aftermarket parts, that's inexpensive for a ton of possible functionality. Thanks
FYI, I forgot to mention you will need a Security Gateway Bypass cable to connect any software to the various on board computers (ABS, BCM, ECM etc).

I am using my Livernois cable successfully with the AlphaOBD app. Z-Automotive (they make the Tazer for the Grand Cherokee) also sells a Security Gateway Bypass cable that works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts