Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a Charger Hellcat and I'm considering trading it in for a Trackhawk. Anyone here previously own a Hellcat before switching over to the Trackhawk? I'm wondering if the Jeep rides as nice as the Charger does, I've see some reviews that say the Trackhawk has a firm ride. I've driven a Grand Cherokee SRT before and I loved the ride/handling compromise. I live in NYC and the roads are very poorly maintained How bout creaks and rattles? My Charger is pretty solid overall but it does have a couple of rattles.

·
Banned
362 Posts
If you have driven a GC SRT then the GC TH shouldn't be much (if any) difference... I've seen other threads here where people will disagree with that, but that's my experaince owning both SRT's and TH's. I did notice the Sports and Track modes in my latest 2019 TH noticeable firm up the ride, if that's what you like. I didn't notice that in early models.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I made the same switch. It’s been nearly 2 years, but from what I can remember, there is not much of difference in ride quality. I’d say the TH would be a shade more smooth on stock suspension if anything.

Currently at 36k miles and still rattle free. There is a slight spring creak from rear over low speed inclines, but I’m guessing that is due to eibach springs installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured the Trackhawk rides and handles differently compared to the regular GC SRT due to the weight difference. Again, I'm just going by reviews i've read/watched, they all seem to mention the Trackhawk's stiff ride whereas the Hellcat always gets complimented on it's smooth one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and I think the Trackhawk rides a bit better. Mine currently has Eibach springs and NON run flat tires which makes a huge difference in the way the TH rides.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and I think the Trackhawk rides a bit better. Mine currently has Eibach springs and NON run flat tires which makes a huge difference in the way the TH rides.

Yes, I agree 100%

And like I said, it’s been a while, so the charger may have riden smoother. It was definitely a better handling vehicle, without a doubt.

Smoothness is close either way between charger and TH that it should be a non issue when deciding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a '14 Grand Cherokee SRT and a '16 Challenger Hellcat. The ride in my '18 Trackhawk is similar to what I remember from the Grand Cherokee SRT. Just want to add that by far the Trackhawk is my favorite of the three. Something I did with the Trackhawk that I didn't with the previous two was install Powerstop Z23 brake pads. Should have made that change years ago to avoid the excessive brake dust from the Brembos.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The day I traded in my '15 GC SRT for the TH, I could tell that the TH actually rode a slight bit better than did the SRT.

I drove them over the same roads (from my house to the dealer in the SRT, and back home in the TH.)

I have since put Forgelines on my TH, and that brought another small bit of ride improvement due to less weight than the OEM wheels.

All of these comparisons are in softest suspension mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts