Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TH is 2.5 months old with 3,500 miles. Just started blowing warm air. A/C not cooling properly. Anyone else with this issue? No big deal. Taking it to the dealer next week to be fixed on their dime. Just wondering if this is one of the known quirks of FCA products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it is a leaking evaporator core that needs to be replaced. Gonna take about a week and I believe that involves removing the dash and steering wheel. I hope the dealer is careful and doesn't scuff any of the interior panels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A/C Prob

Turns out it is a leaking evaporator core that needs to be replaced. Gonna take about a week and I believe that involves removing the dash and steering wheel. I hope the dealer is careful and doesn't scuff any of the interior panels.
So, how did they do regarding A/C prob and repair?

·
Registered
19 Posts
A/C Prob

So, how did they do regarding A/C prob and repair?
Well well well after almost 3 weeks a dealer finally got my A/C fixed. Was in dealership for 15 days. I did get to drive a loaner 2019 Durango GT for free for the entire time. It was the evaporator. Out with dash and in with a total of 20 cans of refrigerant. Had to call in the factory rep to figure out where leak was. Will it hold up?
Time will tell. Have 17,900 miles on it. :|

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having an issue with the AC. It was making a hissing noise, almost like it was breathing. Took it into the dealership, and they said the compressor was the issue. Ordered the part. They they discovered the condenser was leaking, ordering another part. So far its been in the shop 7 days straight and hopefully it will be fixed. So frustrating. Not real happy with Jeep's Service Department so far. Otherwise, I still love the Jeep. They gave me a new Wrangler Unlimited in the meantime.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Hi, I have such an air conditioner now that when you turn it on at full power, it literally blows off your feet. But about five months ago, he could barely cool even one room. I can't stand the heat and in this regard, my sister gave me an air conditioner, but very weak. It blew very faintly. In the end, I decided that I need to buy a new one and went online, I was shocked by the prices. I told my friend about my problem, and he advises me NO SPAM He said they did a very good job of making him air conditioner in the car. In short, thanks to this service, I have constant winds at home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone! I own a Jeep Commander limited 4x4 2010 edition, an amazing car by the way, love the Mercedes engine. As of several weeks I have been having problems with the air conditioner. I should mentioned that since i bought the car there has never been anything done concerning the AC, it worked fine until now. I first thought to ask about the matter online, who knows. maybe there is a classic issue with the filters, if the advice I find here won't help I'll just NO SPAM and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I own a Jeep Commander limited 4x4 2010 edition, an amazing car by the way, love the Mercedes engine. As of several weeks I have been having problems with the air conditioner. I should mentioned that since i bought the car there has never been anything done concerning the AC, it worked fine until now. I first thought to ask about the matter online, who knows. maybe there is a classic issue with the filters, if the advice I find here won't help I'll just aircon servicing and let them deal with it.
Was the problem solved or did you change a car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The A/C compressor clutch assembly has a stationary electromagnetic A/C clutch field coil. When the electromagnetic A/C clutch field coil is energized, it magnetically draws the clutch plate into contact with the clutch pulley and drives the compressor shaft. When the coil is not energized, the pulley freewheels on the clutch hub bearing, which is part of the pulley. The A/C compressor clutch coil electrical circuit is controlled by the powertrain control module (PCM) through the A/C clutch relay.

The problem could be with the A/C clutch field coil or the A/C clutch relay or aircon repair.
NO SPAM

·
Registered
1 Posts
My AC also had a lot of noise, I had my car for about 3 years and this issue started to surface. I did not want to spend money bringing it to a mechanic so I read up online on some aircon servicing articles that led me to find out that there was a problem with the fans. I got my friend to help me replace them it was so much cheaper than going to a mechanic. NO SPAM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts