Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm having an issue on cold starts in the morning. When pulling out of my street onto the main road I stall out. Hard to tell of it's its the transmission lagging or a fuel issue. Starts to go, I get 10ft into the road and lose power half way across the oncoming lane, then after a second or two either the transmission bites or the engine does and I'm moving again. The temptation is to give it more gas but I don't want to end up in a full throttle situation crossing oncoming traffic at 7am.

I'm not jamming it, just pulling out into traffic, and it's not exceptionally cold -- 30's.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this before I bring it into the dealer.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
It wouldn’t throw any codes. It will be something that will have to be caught in a data log. A bad sensor can cause this, most common sensors to cause a dead spot in acceleration coming off idle is TPS and MAP sensors. Since you are transitioning from an idle condition to part throttle. Those sensor inputs are critical since dodge engine management tries to calculate airflow based on a torque request.
Best to hand it to the dealer under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts