Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I havent but want to know for future as well if anybody has and what they have done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would do the transfer case every 30K on my 14 SRT. Haven't got that many miles on Trackhawk yet. Used Castrol ATF4

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
187 Posts
I would replace front & rear diff @ 24K cheap insurance and transfer @ 30K, when I bought my Jeep all three were low on fluid, just like my last 3 Chrysler products. Changed rear end fluid in my 300 SRT couldn't believe how dirty looking the oil was with 24K on the oil. Be sure to get friction modifier for rear diff. Wish there was a easy way to check transmission level, took my 300 to dealer to have trans check got it home still low, I had bought one of those Dorman dip sticks that you have to calculate level based on trans temperature.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay so which 1 - 75w85 or 75w90?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use Mobil 1Synthetic 75w-90 LS(limited slip formula) both front & rear; with Mopar friction modifier only in rear, and Mopar ATF+4 for transfer case

Reactions: RobnadoV10

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use Mobil 1Synthetic 75w-90 LS(limited slip formula) both front & rear; with Mopar friction modifier only in rear, and Mopar ATF+4 for transfer case
how much fluid did you have to use? reuse plugs?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would say not more than 2 qts for rear, add additive 1st for rear diff, not sure about front would say not more than 2 qts but have ever changed it yet. I have 5 gallon pal with pump so I can't really say. We use a lot of it between 2 pickups, semi truck and all the other vehicle my son & I have to service. I've always reused plug with the metal gasket with no leaks or drips. Don't know how much ATF+4 for transfer case, not more than 4 qts????

·
Registered
65 Posts
So I'm assuming less then a Quart for transfer case?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Transfer case takes ATF+4 (automatic transmission fluid) and should take several quarts but not sure, could be 2, 3 or ??. Have never changed mine yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
shoot I only bought one quart for transfer case lol

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Pretty sure that there should be a fluid requirement breakdown in the owners manual if you want to know what the manufacturer says.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I looked only shows motor oil, gas tank, anti freeze capacities, nothing for transmission, transfer case, front or rear diff except what type of product to use. I always write down in back of manual what I put in. But like I said earlier I use pump pal for diff until it runs out. I do remember that 8 speed trans take about 9 quarts + or - from what I read, what a pain to change fluid in these transmission but I'll probably try since I've seen some outrageous cost & labor to have this done $800 plus

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Found this. Someone else confirm it’s for our Tcase

·
Registered
65 Posts
so it looks like 2.2 Quartz for Transfer case

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea the above article from Jeep Garage is very confusing with all the variances, but seems it should be filled to drain hole. How else would you know if it was low???? .9 quart for front diff, 1.4 quart for rear diff from chart in Jeep Garage, I will check this when I change my fluids with quart containers, still going to fill to bottom of fill hole.

·
Registered
65 Posts
crazy fluid filled to drain hole You would think that would be too low of fluid

·
Registered
187 Posts
don't you mean filled to fill hole

·
Registered