Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
So far, my only gripe is that I can not find a way to navigate forwards and backwards through the audio presets via the steering wheel control. I can only seem to move forward, through the presets, via the center button on the multi-toggle buttons on the back right side of the wheel. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the rocker switch to navigate the presets instread of the next station? It feels like an 8 track player not being able to navigate backwards through the presets. Lol!

·
Registered
418 Posts
After a 6 hour trip today, I wondered the same thing. Maybe the Tazer can make those modifications, not sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I figured it out. Well, sort of. The trick is to go into the settings app and scroll down to the sirius/xm settings and choose the skip stations option. This allows you to essentially select all stations to skip during tuning and you can then uncheck the ones you don't want to skip effectively creating a new preset list. The only downside is that you can no longer browse the full station set after making this change. If you want to add a channel, you must return to the settings and uncheck the stations you want to show up. After this settings change you can use the left hand, rear wheel toggle switch to navigate back and forth through the unselected channels. It's pretty wonky but it does the trick.

Essentially my presets are useless now and I'm using the available channel lineup as my presets. I probably listen to less than 10 stations so it's a valid work around for me. This is a fail for FCA though. They put so much effort into making the infotainment system customizable that they overlooked one of the most common preset features available on most any modern cars. Fail FCA, fail.

Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s been that way since 14 at least.
I see. Well, I kind of messed up and posted this in the wrong forum anyway. Would it be possible to please move this thread to the Jeep Trackhawk Tech Section -> Electronics Audio and Lighting forum and make it a sticky so that other owners, that are new to the brand, can easily find this information?

Thanks in advance,
Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts