Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trackhawk didn’t come with automatic folding mirrors! Was this even an option for the trackhawk? I see some of the GC summits and limiteds come with automatic folding mirrors. Any thoughts!!??

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Not an option in the US. I saw a post from a guy in Australia that got a super limited edition that had folding mirrors (also came with a Tag Heuer watch). Seems silly not to at least have it as an option.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Never been on an Option for U.S. JGC SRT or Trackhawks... Standard for the Australia crew.

Agree, it should at least be an option in the U.S.

I plan on retrofitting it to mine eventually.

You have to replace the following:

68110613AB - driver's side power folding mirror with blind spot indication, heat, turn signal, courtesy light, etc. (US specification)

68110612AB - passenger's side power folding mirror with blind spot indication, heat, turn signal, courtesy light, etc. (US specification)

68184803AA - driver's side door switch panel with power folding mirror button

68155772AE - RH door module from Summit with power folding mirrors

68155773AE - LH door module from Summit with power folding mirrors

And THEN you have to get an OBD Genie to activate them: https://www.obdgenie.com/collection...power-folding-mirror-package-programmer-c-pfm

(Alternately I will be reaching out to the TAZER crew as I am betting they can find it in the code but they haven't listed it as a feature yet).

·
Registered
695 Posts
While it’s a cool feature, and I wish we had it, I’m not sure it’s really necessary. This isn’t the type of vehicle that you parallel park on a busy road, and that’s the scenario where folded mirrors are really needed. I’d never parallel park mine on a busy street anyways.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
While it’s a cool feature, and I wish we had it, I’m not sure it’s really necessary. This isn’t the type of vehicle that you parallel park on a busy road, and that’s the scenario where folded mirrors are really needed. I’d never parallel park mine on a busy street anyways.
Sometimes you have little to no choice. We vacation in Savannah Georgia fairly often and there its either park on the street or park in an overly cramped parking garage, both of which I feel better about with the mirrors in.

Even in my own garage, the mirrors in will help.

I just don't understand why its not an option. I get not including them, every item they can not include helps the profit margin and helps keep them in business and you are correct, most with a TrackHawk could care less, if anything, many would prefer it without for just a few more ounces of weight savings, but since they include them for Australia and they are either included or an option on many other models, why not include it as an option. I don't see how it saves them any money or trouble to not offer it, in fact, for the few of us who want it, they could have made a few more $$s off of me...

Reactions: hawkku and THisLIFE

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sometimes you have little to no choice. We vacation in Savannah Georgia fairly often and there its either park on the street or park in an overly cramped parking garage, both of which I feel better about with the mirrors in.

I just don't understand why its not an option. I get not including them, every item they can not include helps the profit margin and helps keep them in business and you are correct, most with a TrackHawk could care less, if anything, many would prefer it without for just a few more ounces of weight savings, but since they include them for Australia and they are either included or an option on many other models, why not include it as an option. I don't see how it saves them any money or trouble to not offer it, in fact, for the few of us who want it, they could have made a few more $$s off of me...
I totally agree with you that it should be an option. But let’s look at and analyze the options a bit, cause there’s no rhyme or reason to them at all. The optioned 3 season tires actually cost less than the tires that come stock with the car, so we are paying more for getting less (if you don’t believe me go to tire rack and build both sets). Go figure. The upgraded stereo is only available if you select a certain color leather. Ok. Really?!? Since when did a fabric and color combination become a crucial factor into deciding on an audio upgrade. WTF FCA. And that same expensive leather (correct me if I’m wrong) upgrade never used to be an upgrade on earlier model Hellcats, it was actually the exact opposite I thought. The suede insert that FCA is including for “free” with the Trackhawk, used to be the premium (or option), over the laguna leather. There is literally zero common sense that goes into these decisions. Monkeys throwing darts at a wall could be making these option(s) choice decisions for FCA for all we know. And when they were throwing a dart at the world map for the folding mirrors option, the dart landed on Australia! Sorry good ol’ U.S.A. 🤪 No folding mirrors for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
As long as the dart landed with this power train in this vehicle, I’m good. The rest is always changeable

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Just noticed the AppCar DIagFCA tool will also allow you to activate the power folding mirrors (once the proper modules and mirrors are installed) and a lot cheaper than the OBDGenie (with more features).

I havent tried it yet, a few reports have been mediocre with some "features" working better than others but it does APPEAR the software writer is sticking with it and improving it.

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I’m wary about plugging into the OBDII port. It sounds like they will void the warranty for nearly anything on these and I know some devices leave a signature that the dealership can detect. Might be a good question to ask the developer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not an option in the US. I saw a post from a guy in Australia that got a super limited edition that had folding mirrors (also came with a Tag Heuer watch). Seems silly not to at least have it as an option.
Sweet I thought I wasn’t getting folding mirrors, but since I’m in Australia and get my Limited Edition Trackhawk tomorrow I have something else to look forward to! can’t wait

·
Registered
17 Posts

I totally agree with you that it should be an option. But let’s look at and analyze the options a bit, cause there’s no rhyme or reason to them at all. The optioned 3 season tires actually cost less than the tires that come stock with the car, so we are paying more for getting less (if you don’t believe me go to tire rack and build both sets). Go figure. The upgraded stereo is only available if you select a certain color leather. Ok. Really?!? Since when did a fabric and color combination become a crucial factor into deciding on an audio upgrade. WTF FCA. And that same expensive leather (correct me if I’m wrong) upgrade never used to be an upgrade on earlier model Hellcats, it was actually the exact opposite I thought. The suede insert that FCA is including for “free” with the Trackhawk, used to be the premium (or option), over the laguna leather. There is literally zero common sense that goes into these decisions. Monkeys throwing darts at a wall could be making these option(s) choice decisions for FCA for all we know. And when they were throwing a dart at the world map for the folding mirrors option, the dart landed on Australia! Sorry good ol’ U.S.A. 🤪 No folding mirrors for you.
I agree no folding mirrors and no Harmon kardon speakers in the TH when my summit had them stock option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speaking of the mirrors, can someone tell me how to stop them from tilting down when I am in reverse? I must be an idiot because I can’t find it in the manual.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Speaking of the mirrors, can someone tell me how to stop them from tilting down when I am in reverse? I must be an idiot because I can’t find it in the manual.
The Tilt Side Mirrors in Reverse feature can be turned on and off using the Uconnect System.
I downloaded a 2017 GC SRT (I also have one) manual to my iPad so I could use the search function for specific items. It’s handy when I’m in the garage and don’t want to use the online help supplied on the TH.
You can also use the search function built into the TH uconnect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Tilt Side Mirrors in Reverse feature can be turned on and off using the Uconnect System.
I downloaded a 2017 GC SRT (I also have one) manual to my iPad so I could use the search function for specific items. It’s handy when I’m in the garage and don’t want to use the online help supplied on the TH.
You can also use the search function built into the TH uconnect.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You know what? It's a $100,000 car. It should come standard with auto-folding **** mirrors. My "cheaper" previous BMW had them and my current Audi S6 does as well. It's not just for practicality, it's for prestige and making a statement that Jeep built a luxury SUV to run with the Germans... and it's also faster than them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never been on an Option for U.S. JGC SRT or Trackhawks... Standard for the Australia crew.

Agree, it should at least be an option in the U.S.

I plan on retrofitting it to mine eventually.

You have to replace the following:

68110613AB - driver's side power folding mirror with blind spot indication, heat, turn signal, courtesy light, etc. (US specification)

68110612AB - passenger's side power folding mirror with blind spot indication, heat, turn signal, courtesy light, etc. (US specification)

68184803AA - driver's side door switch panel with power folding mirror button

68155772AE - RH door module from Summit with power folding mirrors

68155773AE - LH door module from Summit with power folding mirrors

And THEN you have to get an OBD Genie to activate them: https://www.obdgenie.com/collection...power-folding-mirror-package-programmer-c-pfm

(Alternately I will be reaching out to the TAZER crew as I am betting they can find it in the code but they haven't listed it as a feature yet).

Any updates as far as anyone on this forum successfully installing the folding mirrors ?

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Any updates as far as anyone on this forum successfully installing the folding mirrors ?
I thought I saw where it WAS done but cant find the post now so it may have been on another site.

I still plan to do it but its pretty low on my mod list. I should state though, they can now be activated by AlfaOBD or DiagFCA software which gets you a lot more than JUST the mirror activation for a much lower price than OBDGenie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts