Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get any of the automatic software updates yet? I got a notice about a week ago on the infotainment system that updates were ready so I scheduled them for midnight. The next day I got a notice saying the updates had failed. WTF! So, the next day I got the notice again. OK, again I set it to update early the next morning. This time when I started it up, I got a notice that the updates were successful.

I usually park the TH overnight in a metal covered structure (garage) but the second night I left it outside to see if that would help. I guess it really needs access to the cellular network.

The main thing I have noticed so far is the performance pages work "much faster". Loads in about half the time or maybe even less. Also notice the PP version number changed so I know they were updated. Beats the heck out of taking it to the dealer for updates.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually my PP were giving me a problem. They always seemed to take to long and sometimes they would not load at all. Since the software update they load much faster and it's loading everytime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My computer never updated so it felt old and junky. I searched on the internet a fix and found on this awesome blog an automatic software updater: Free driver updater: Top-15 list | Thinkmobiles . It is working perfectly with my computer. Now it updates automatically every time when a new update. Now I have the latest features that exist for my computer. I am really satisfied about this software. In general, these software updates are great. They changed the way that my computer feels. It is awesome.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Car-Guy.
I haven't driven mine for a month or so, and I doubt it gets a cell signal where it's parked, so I can probably look forward to an update.
Which to me usually means that something doesn't work right afterwards. But the performance pages sure could use some speeding up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've never seen this since my purchase back in April 2019, my Sirius Guardian expired this May 2020 and I never accessed the wireless coverage to share my data plan on this vehicle. So how does this over the air work??????

·
Registered
232 Posts
I dunno how it works exactly, other than that I've had updates happen when I least wanted them to take place, on other FCA vehicles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is an 18 purchased in March. I haven’t seen any notifications. Wonder what I’m missing?

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
I think it works the same as when you have the subscription except this is initiated by them. I’d think that if you parked it outside and did the battery trick that it would update then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts