Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a new or used Trackhawk. I test drove a 2018 model a year ago and remember the backup camera being grainy. Can anyone confirm if the camera quality improved in either the 2109 or the 2020 model? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a 19 and wouldn't consider it grainy, but never compared to an 18 before. I have noticed after a drive down the dirt road to get my trailer that it can be a little blurry unless I wipe the lens clean.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
I have 2018 also and it is just as good as any camera I seen. Im gonna go with 30birdy99 the camera had dirt on it probably.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am looking to purchase a new or used Trackhawk. I test drove a 2018 model a year ago and remember the backup camera being grainy. Can anyone confirm if the camera quality improved in either the 2109 or the 2020 model? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The TH camera is very good IMO and not grainy at all. I have a 2018 Tahoe as well and I consider my TH camera far superior as the Chevy camera is junk - can't see anything well day or night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My T/H camera is good compared to my BMW X3M Camera..

Reactions: uvamack

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haven't noticed mine grainy, but I have noticed how bright the screen is at night when the backup camera is on. It's so bright it makes backing up difficult at times. Anyone know if that can be dimmed down some?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe try using interior dash light dimmer, seems like that how you can dim all dash lights when driving at night????

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've had both a 2018 and 2019 TH... Had a 2016 and 2017 GC SRT too. I have never noticed any grainy picture quality on any of them. Looks to be about the same quality as my other vehicles too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 19 Ram p/u and the camera on it is clearer than on my 18 Trackhawk for sure. It might just be the better/newer screen has higher resolution. I always thought the screen on the Trackhawk was good but now after driving the Ram for a bit going back to the TH I can tell it is not as good quite clearly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interestingly, the quality of the reverse camera on my 2020 is pretty terrible, in my opinion. Much worse than my 2019 Raptor, or even my wife’s 2019 JLUR. The picture quality is very grainy, colors are overblown, and the contrast is turned up way too high, compared to the better reverse cameras I’ve used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts