Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on what times other Trackhawk owners have achieved to 60mph. I left my Launch Control on the preset 1800RPM. I get some tire spin but was able to pull of a 60ft time of 1.60 sec and 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds. I like the fact that Jeep was conservative on their numbers of 3.5 seconds. A guy on YouTube claims he nailed a 3.1 second 0-60 run with a stock Trackhawk. If true, that is amazing. I shut off after 65mph so the 1/8th mile info along with quarter mile is incorrect.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 3.1 that was posted on YouTube or whatever was in very cool weather. Your 3.4 is excellent for this time of year.

Reactions: Quicksilver

·
Registered
695 Posts
Didn’t someone on another thread say that when they took delivery of their TH they checked the performance pages before driving it and it had a 2.87 0-60 time? I recall seeing that somewhere. That is nuts in terms of Jeep being conservative, if it’s at all accurate.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure the 3.1 that was posted on YouTube or whatever was in very cool weather. Your 3.4 is excellent for this time of year.
You are correct. I believe it actually took place in Texas in the winter. The temp was around 35 degrees.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn’t someone on another thread say that when they took delivery of their TH they checked the performance pages before driving it and it had a 2.87 0-60 time? I recall seeing that somewhere. That is nuts in terms of Jeep being conservative, if it’s at all accurate.
I saw that time on a built Trackhawk that put out about 1000hp on YouTube. I feel like I was pretty maxed out with my 3.4 with the conditions here including 75 degree weather. A guy in TX claimed a 3.1 at near freezing temps. 2.87 seems hard pressed for stock.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, very hard to believe 2.87 sec 0-60 in a stock TH. The laws of physics, power-to-weight, and all that. (And where'd he get the hundredths-of-a-second readout?)

My best so far, with two guys on board, no launch control, and just blasting between city stoplights a couple times on a 80 degree day is 3.5 sec.

I think that with just me on board, feeding in the optimum launch rpm (on the optimum surface), and having an almost empty tank of gas, on a nice cool day, ought to be good for a 3.3.

But, I think that's about all there is to be had in the stock setup. Yes, there are the occasional "Really Good Ones" out there, but for the 99.9th percentile of production THs, there comes a time where you're whipping the pony as hard as it can go.

Of course, then there's mods!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
PS: I used to performance test cars for a living (car magazines, racing teams) and have made thousands of quarter-mile runs and road course laps, over the decades. I feel pretty confident that I can tell when a particular vehicle is giving all it has to give.

No brag...just some background to support my above post's comments.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS: I used to performance test cars for a living (car magazines, racing teams) and have made thousands of quarter-mile runs and road course laps, over the decades. I feel pretty confident that I can tell when a particular vehicle is giving all it has to give.
I’m just happy I clicked off a time quicker than what Jeep advertised. Most car companies are not as conservative and it can be difficult to hit times the manufacturers claim.

·
Registered
411 Posts

No brag...just some background to support my above post's comments.
That's cool... and its not bragging. It's your experience. I've probably put down nearly 1000 1/4 mile passes in cars ranging from 9s-14s. My "butt meter" won't be good 0-60, but it is pretty accurate in the 1/4 mile.

One thing we have to remember is the accelerometer in our vehicles can be "tricked." If you're on a wet road and you floor it, and spin, you're going to get a sub 3 second 0-60. The vehicle never actually got to 60, it spun to the point it had shifted into a gear and obtained an rpm that "should be" 60mph, but in reality it was probably going 40-45. You can get a low-3 in a regular SRT Jeep doing this.

I've only done a couple of 0-60s (not quite to 500 miles yet), and I'm seeing 3.5 in 80-85^ weather we me driving solo. I'm at about 600' above sea level here in N. Texas. I'd expect 3.2-3.3 once the weather gets down in the 40s or so this coming fall/winter.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I’m just happy I clicked off a time quicker than what Jeep advertised. Most car companies are not as conservative and it can be difficult to hit times the manufacturers claim.
AWD is our friend with this vehicle. :) I don't have to be a pro driver to knock down the great times.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Agreed on all the above, Surf City Dan and WA 2 FST. Yes, the accelerometer can be tricked, as you noted.

I'm just here to have some fast driving fun, like the rest of you.

The TH is an amazingly quick and fast SUV. I love it!

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Registered
96 Posts
That would be me. Doubt if it is correct. I did 0-60 in 3.5 in the heat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In Texas with the heat here in the 90s my best stock is a 3.6. I dropped mine off at Serious Horsepower in Houston and getting E85 tune with upper and lower pulleys. I will post the time once I get it back in a couple of weeks. It would be nice if it is down to around 3.0 with those mods.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just ripped off a 3.2 withOUT launch control! I put Launch control on before that run, for science, and found that it only ran a 3.8 . . . wtf?!?

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Launch control doesn’t magically make you go faster, it’s so you can repeat the level of performance over and over with very little effort on the part of the driver. If you set the RPMs at max, you will have a slower time than if you just punched it off the line because of the loss of traction (even though it’s super fun). If you really want to go faster, you have lots of factors to take into mind, not just pushing the button. I’ve done no better than 3.3 in mine so far and some of the more fun pulls had slower times. Just my $.02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine reaches 3,5s for 0 - 100Km/h (close to 0 - 60 mph)
Driver + passenger and lauch control with rpm at 2.400rpm

I do not ask for more !

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just ripped off a 3.2 withOUT launch control! I put Launch control on before that run, for science, and found that it only ran a 3.8 . . . wtf?!?
IMHO, compared to some of the other LC-equipped cars, like the Nissan GTR, the Jeep's LC is a gimmick. FCA tells us it builds boost using LC, but yet it often doesn't launch as hard just foot-braking it. I never use LC. Set it to TRACK mode, Foot-brake to 1800 or so and let it rip. Typically see 0-60 in 3.5 in 90^F heat and 0-60 in 3.1 now that its in the 40s. :) My TH is extremely repeatable using this simple technique.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree re being "tricked"... I believe that it uses wheel speed sensors to determine when it has reached 60mph, so if you spin a lot, the tires are turning ad over 60 even if you aren't moving. I had a used 2014 Jeep SRT that, when I bought it, had a best 0-60 stored that was sub 1 second!

·
Registered
113 Posts
3.3 with a 240lb passenger and about 2% grade. Temp was 50s. Did not use launch control. Foot braked to 1800rpm. I believe I could hit 3.2 easy with no passenger and level ground..

·
Registered
80 Posts
0-60 in 3.1

I have gotten 0-60 in 3.1 and 3.2 a few times that is with 1/8 of a tank of gas and temps below 70 degrees. Best times during the summer were 3.5 to 3.7.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts