Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there have been several threads about security, but I'd like to ask specifically what
brands and types of security systems that you guys (and gals) are using on your TH or other vehicles?

I'm willing to pay $$$ for a great system, but don't need or want a bunch of flashing interior LEDs and gimmicks. Subtle but very effective is my goal.

My TH is garaged behind gates at my home. It is not a daily driver, so its exposure is less than others might have.

I have a Ravelco on my wife's Navigator, and am considering it for the TH, even though I remember that Lil Hemi did have a bad experience with his installer.

Here's my wish list so far:
Fuel pump cut-off switch
Ignition cut-off (Ravelco type)
Glass break sensor
Tow-away sensor
Loudest siren possible

Anyone have experience/recommendations on best installers near San Diego?
Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Stellantis is working on security updates for Dodge, I'm just not sure about Jeeps. These updates include an updated valet mode type pin code will disable the starter. It will allow the owner to disable the empty key FOB in the vehicle PCM and spares can be purchased at a discount before done. A new security system with glass breakage, interior motion sensor and vehicle tilt can be integrated as well. These will be features available on new models starting in 2022.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
Any solid brand alarm with gsm/gps communication with your smartphone should do the trick. Those systems have different modules, kill switch, glass breakage, tilt sensor, open/close windows, and many others which include comfort features. You could also add one of those chinese gsm/gps trackers. About half the size of a pack smokes. It can alert you to sound from with the cabin, send gps locations, send start/stop times and location, you can call the unit and listen to what is happening inside the vehicle. Even mount a dvr/nvr system to film them live. The system has alarm inputs, which will notify your smartphone if one is triggered.

probably best idea would be to use both,system backup of a system backup. Only problem is paying for the extra 2 cellphone numbers.

Me: I would connect the gsm alarm to the airbag, get the fool too read some type of small print message on the center dash display and knock’em out when they try to read it.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
Its hard to prevent it when flatbeds exist. Pro’s will be in and out within minutes, they won’t care of skill switches. A lot easier to follow the TH via active gps tracking. Probably be able to stop in there tracks if you act fast enough.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that's certainly true. If they want it, they will get it.

I already have a GPS tracker installed. Next will probably be the Ravelco.

I'd think that a very high end custom alarm system (not a typical off the shelf unit) might have an OK chance against the usual thief, who doesn't have a flatbed truck.

IMO, the problem with the popular alarms sold everywhere is that any decent thief would already know how to get around those.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of talk about the Compustar with Drone GPS on a similar thread on FB. Anyone have any thoughts on that system?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of talk about the Compustar with Drone GPS on a similar thread on FB. Anyone have any thoughts on that system?
I was actually looking at those as well. The one with 2-way communication and Dronemobile would be a good replacement for Sirius XM guardian and cheaper monthly. Best but will sell and install for $599.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I put in one of the Apple Airtags into a hidden spot in my Trackhawk. It's a bit of piece of mind when you are out and parked somewhere. A quick check to see if your beast is moving when it shouldn't be! It works great!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I put in one of the Apple Airtags into a hidden spot in my Trackhawk. It's a bit of piece of mind when you are out and parked somewhere. A quick check to see if your beast is moving when it shouldn't be! It works great!
Just be aware that the airtags require a phone with iOS 14.5 and Apple's "U1" chip for full functionality.

AIRTAGS

U1

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just be aware that the airtags require a phone with iOS 14.5 and Apple's "U1" chip for full functionality.

AIRTAGS

U1
Yup. I realized this but so far, so good with my phone. No issues. I left it parked at my moms as I had to take her vehicle in for her to get a warranty fix and all worked perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
I am going to run this alarm on a truck I am building. I wanted the auto start and window features but then kept reading and it has some very cool security features.
A ran a compustar on my 05 Evo MR. it was the only company that you could legally put a remote start on a manual transmission but the system had all kinds of utility functions that I never used. I really liked the two way feature that would let you know if your alarm was going off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I want to give a quick recommendation for Chicago-area TH owners that are looking for a premium security system. I did all my research over the last few months and just had S&A Security install their custom system in my 2021 the day after I took delivery. I don't wish to disclose everything the security system does, but it is premium Compustar Drone type functionality plus much more. Steve, the owner, has developed custom functionality that covers all possible means of taking the TH. The videos on their site give you some more info on key features, but there are even more "secret" features that are just very practical and effective. Can it still be towed away or carjacked? - yes, but the system has some very effective ways of dealing with that. Plus it is way faster at 2-way communication than the UConnect.

It is not cheap, but I have a lot more peace of mind now living in one of the car theft and car jacking capitals of the world. Especially since my first TH was stolen in less than a week.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
I want to give a quick recommendation for Chicago-area TH owners that are looking for a premium security system. I did all my research over the last few months and just had S&A Security install their custom system in my 2021 the day after I took delivery. I don't wish to disclose everything the security system does, but it is premium Compustar Drone type functionality plus much more. Steve, the owner, has developed custom functionality that covers all possible means of taking the TH. The videos on their site give you some more info on key features, but there are even more "secret" features that are just very practical and effective. Can it still be towed away or carjacked? - yes, but the system has some very effective ways of dealing with that. Plus it is way faster at 2-way communication than the UConnect.

It is not cheap, but I have a lot more peace of mind now living in one of the car theft and car jacking capitals of the world. Especially since my first TH was stolen in less than a week.
That’s good stuff man. So this is NOT compustar? Only available in the Chicago area?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is a custom system that combines a number of different well-regarded commercial security systems plus some custom additions developed by the security shop that include custom programming, hardware, and physical modifications. For now, I believe it is likely available only in Chicago and only at this shop. I imagine other competent security installers could replicate the functionality, but I understand why the installer is not publicly sharing details.

I can share that the alarm system component is a highly regarded system with a full sensor suite, 2-way communication, and GPS tracking. But there are other commercial and custom components beyond the alarm. By posting here on a public forum, I'm stuck balancing the desire to share helpful info with the group and keeping security info confidential. For now, this post is probably only useful to Chicago members who can get work done at the shop. I wasn't even allowed to learn about all the features until the work was done and the money paid. Not my preferred way of doing business, but I get it, and I'm glad I took the risk. Totally worth it.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Lojack is nationwide now. In my 25 years in LE we NEVER didnt recover a lojack hit after being activated and I worked in Auto Theft. And unlike GPS it works in enclosed trailers and parking garages.

A simple kill switch is ur best bet tho. Car thieves use to tell me anytime they couldnt start a car right away they knew it had a kill switch and wasnt gonna waste time looking for it and moved on.

Dont forget to hide ur key in a protective pouch and dont hang em on ur key ring at home. If they are close enough with the BLACKBOX they will steal ur signal, unlock ur door and drive off with ur TH. Amazon sells the protective key pouches and boxes for home. They are worth buying.

If u have an old Iphone just add it as a second line. Put a permanent power source to it, hide it and u have ur own GPS tracking.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts