Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
Any solid brand alarm with gsm/gps communication with your smartphone should do the trick. Those systems have different modules, kill switch, glass breakage, tilt sensor, open/close windows, and many others which include comfort features. You could also add one of those chinese gsm/gps trackers. About half the size of a pack smokes. It can alert you to sound from with the cabin, send gps locations, send start/stop times and location, you can call the unit and listen to what is happening inside the vehicle. Even mount a dvr/nvr system to film them live. The system has alarm inputs, which will notify your smartphone if one is triggered.

probably best idea would be to use both,system backup of a system backup. Only problem is paying for the extra 2 cellphone numbers.

Me: I would connect the gsm alarm to the airbag, get the fool too read some type of small print message on the center dash display and knock’em out when they try to read it.

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Its hard to prevent it when flatbeds exist. Pro’s will be in and out within minutes, they won’t care of skill switches. A lot easier to follow the TH via active gps tracking. Probably be able to stop in there tracks if you act fast enough.

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Just a thought. Would anyone like a fuel relay which is activated remotely? Basically a fuel kill switch, but i want to build a relay which only turns on when it recieves a signal from a one button fob. It would reset to the off position once it stop recieving power from the ecu. So basically if you turn off your engine you will need to reactivate the relay.
The idea is for owners that do not want to cut wires and add physical hidden buttons. You basically pull the oem relay and put my relay in place of it. Everytime you get in the TH you will have to press your relay fob to turn on the fuel pumps. It will use encrypted fob, max 2 fob programmed/relay. The relay will not be able to have new fob written. The chips that recognize the fob will be a one time use for written info, basically you lose a fob and want another one you will have to buy a new relay with the 2 fobs.
Let me know your thoughts, if the feed back is positive i will make a batch and see how it goes.

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Just reading this thread...did you ever move forward with this? Sounds like a great idea.
never got around to doing this because there is a relay which you can find on aliexpress maybe amazon which is really cheap.

the relay has multiple functions,

GSM sim card for connection anywhere you leave you car as long as there is gsm signal.
gps tracking
Remote cutoff
Looks exactly like a relay
Remote connection from anywhere in the world
Gps geofencing( set a perimeter and the relay will cutoff if you go out of that perimeter.)
And many other things.

Search youtube using “gps relay” you will find a bunch of good info there. I have one installed and it works perfectly so far. I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues.

Becareful when ordering the relay because there are different types of relays depending on what you want to cutoff. So make sure the type of relay you are ordering is what you need.

advantage is it is just plug n play with a little fiddling setting up the online account and settings

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Great info....Thanks!
Question: - Does this replace another installed relay (You mentioned: " I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues") ......looks like it's wired in with 4 wires.
- Also, can they use a 4G SIM? Looks like the ones I saw were 2G only?
Thanks again!
The gps relay replaces original fuel/ignition relay(depends which relay you wish to swap out).

the relay works with 4g sim. Don’t know if it connects to 4g but a 4g sim is capable of using lower grade connection like 3g, 2g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts