Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
I want to give a quick recommendation for Chicago-area TH owners that are looking for a premium security system. I did all my research over the last few months and just had S&A Security install their custom system in my 2021 the day after I took delivery. I don't wish to disclose everything the security system does, but it is premium Compustar Drone type functionality plus much more. Steve, the owner, has developed custom functionality that covers all possible means of taking the TH. The videos on their site give you some more info on key features, but there are even more "secret" features that are just very practical and effective. Can it still be towed away or carjacked? - yes, but the system has some very effective ways of dealing with that. Plus it is way faster at 2-way communication than the UConnect.

It is not cheap, but I have a lot more peace of mind now living in one of the car theft and car jacking capitals of the world. Especially since my first TH was stolen in less than a week.

· Registered
41 Posts
It is a custom system that combines a number of different well-regarded commercial security systems plus some custom additions developed by the security shop that include custom programming, hardware, and physical modifications. For now, I believe it is likely available only in Chicago and only at this shop. I imagine other competent security installers could replicate the functionality, but I understand why the installer is not publicly sharing details.

I can share that the alarm system component is a highly regarded system with a full sensor suite, 2-way communication, and GPS tracking. But there are other commercial and custom components beyond the alarm. By posting here on a public forum, I'm stuck balancing the desire to share helpful info with the group and keeping security info confidential. For now, this post is probably only useful to Chicago members who can get work done at the shop. I wasn't even allowed to learn about all the features until the work was done and the money paid. Not my preferred way of doing business, but I get it, and I'm glad I took the risk. Totally worth it.

· Registered
41 Posts
What was the total price with install? I am thinking it might be worth the trip to Chicago.

Thanks
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$2200 plus monthly subscription services. However, the monthly subscription is less that UConnect Guardian (b/c I paid for multiple years), so that was an easy decision. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $2K to protect my vehicle with factory alarm and tracking, but I also feel very good about spending it since I live in the Chicago area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts