Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
86 Posts
Lojack is nationwide now. In my 25 years in LE we NEVER didnt recover a lojack hit after being activated and I worked in Auto Theft. And unlike GPS it works in enclosed trailers and parking garages.

A simple kill switch is ur best bet tho. Car thieves use to tell me anytime they couldnt start a car right away they knew it had a kill switch and wasnt gonna waste time looking for it and moved on.

Dont forget to hide ur key in a protective pouch and dont hang em on ur key ring at home. If they are close enough with the BLACKBOX they will steal ur signal, unlock ur door and drive off with ur TH. Amazon sells the protective key pouches and boxes for home. They are worth buying.

If u have an old Iphone just add it as a second line. Put a permanent power source to it, hide it and u have ur own GPS tracking.

· Banned
86 Posts
Once ur truck is stolen it goes underground to be stripped where satellites cant pick up ur signal. No joy riders are taking ur TH. They will be professional car thieves.

Compustar is just an alarm with satellite based GPS. A spare Iphone added to ur account hard wired will do the exact same thing and u wont have some crazy monthly bill. $2200 a rip off no offense.

U want REAL protection get Lojack!

$2200 plus monthly subscription services. However, the monthly subscription is less that UConnect Guardian (b/c I paid for multiple years), so that was an easy decision. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $2K to protect my vehicle with factory alarm and tracking, but I also feel very good about spending it since I live in the Chicago area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts