Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
What was the total price with install? I am thinking it might be worth the trip to Chicago.

Thanks
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$2200 plus monthly subscription services. However, the monthly subscription is less that UConnect Guardian (b/c I paid for multiple years), so that was an easy decision. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $2K to protect my vehicle with factory alarm and tracking, but I also feel very good about spending it since I live in the Chicago area.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Once ur truck is stolen it goes underground to be stripped where satellites cant pick up ur signal. No joy riders are taking ur TH. They will be professional car thieves.

Compustar is just an alarm with satellite based GPS. A spare Iphone added to ur account hard wired will do the exact same thing and u wont have some crazy monthly bill. $2200 a rip off no offense.

U want REAL protection get Lojack!

$2200 plus monthly subscription services. However, the monthly subscription is less that UConnect Guardian (b/c I paid for multiple years), so that was an easy decision. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $2K to protect my vehicle with factory alarm and tracking, but I also feel very good about spending it since I live in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to give a quick recommendation for Chicago-area TH owners that are looking for a premium security system. I did all my research over the last few months and just had S&A Security install their custom system in my 2021 the day after I took delivery. I don't wish to disclose everything the security system does, but it is premium Compustar Drone type functionality plus much more. Steve, the owner, has developed custom functionality that covers all possible means of taking the TH. The videos on their site give you some more info on key features, but there are even more "secret" features that are just very practical and effective. Can it still be towed away or carjacked? - yes, but the system has some very effective ways of dealing with that. Plus it is way faster at 2-way communication than the UConnect.

It is not cheap, but I have a lot more peace of mind now living in one of the car theft and car jacking capitals of the world. Especially since my first TH was stolen in less than a week.
How long did your insurance company take to replace your hawk? I had mine for a month and it got stolen, waiting for the insurance to do it’s thing is getting me worried.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
Just a thought. Would anyone like a fuel relay which is activated remotely? Basically a fuel kill switch, but i want to build a relay which only turns on when it recieves a signal from a one button fob. It would reset to the off position once it stop recieving power from the ecu. So basically if you turn off your engine you will need to reactivate the relay.
The idea is for owners that do not want to cut wires and add physical hidden buttons. You basically pull the oem relay and put my relay in place of it. Everytime you get in the TH you will have to press your relay fob to turn on the fuel pumps. It will use encrypted fob, max 2 fob programmed/relay. The relay will not be able to have new fob written. The chips that recognize the fob will be a one time use for written info, basically you lose a fob and want another one you will have to buy a new relay with the 2 fobs.
Let me know your thoughts, if the feed back is positive i will make a batch and see how it goes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a thought. Would anyone like a fuel relay which is activated remotely? Basically a fuel kill switch, but i want to build a relay which only turns on when it recieves a signal from a one button fob. It would reset to the off position once it stop recieving power from the ecu. So basically if you turn off your engine you will need to reactivate the relay.
The idea is for owners that do not want to cut wires and add physical hidden buttons. You basically pull the oem relay and put my relay in place of it. Everytime you get in the TH you will have to press your relay fob to turn on the fuel pumps. It will use encrypted fob, max 2 fob programmed/relay. The relay will not be able to have new fob written. The chips that recognize the fob will be a one time use for written info, basically you lose a fob and want another one you will have to buy a new relay with the 2 fobs.
Let me know your thoughts, if the feed back is positive i will make a batch and see how it goes.
Just reading this thread...did you ever move forward with this? Sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Just reading this thread...did you ever move forward with this? Sounds like a great idea.
never got around to doing this because there is a relay which you can find on aliexpress maybe amazon which is really cheap.

the relay has multiple functions,

GSM sim card for connection anywhere you leave you car as long as there is gsm signal.
gps tracking
Remote cutoff
Looks exactly like a relay
Remote connection from anywhere in the world
Gps geofencing( set a perimeter and the relay will cutoff if you go out of that perimeter.)
And many other things.

Search youtube using “gps relay” you will find a bunch of good info there. I have one installed and it works perfectly so far. I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues.

Becareful when ordering the relay because there are different types of relays depending on what you want to cutoff. So make sure the type of relay you are ordering is what you need.

advantage is it is just plug n play with a little fiddling setting up the online account and settings

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
I have the Ravelco system installed cost me about $500. This covers starting of it and any duplicated KeyFobs, etc. The only thing left is the towing. I'm working with somebody for a neutral lockout cover plate, which will stop them from rolling it away. Once I get the prototype worked out, I'll let you all know.

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
Ravelco installer did 2k worth of damage to my jeep and refused to pay. I wouldn’t recommend it.
Varies by installer. Man do you have bad luck. Lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
never got around to doing this because there is a relay which you can find on aliexpress maybe amazon which is really cheap.

the relay has multiple functions,

GSM sim card for connection anywhere you leave you car as long as there is gsm signal.
gps tracking
Remote cutoff
Looks exactly like a relay
Remote connection from anywhere in the world
Gps geofencing( set a perimeter and the relay will cutoff if you go out of that perimeter.)
And many other things.

Search youtube using “gps relay” you will find a bunch of good info there. I have one installed and it works perfectly so far. I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues.

Becareful when ordering the relay because there are different types of relays depending on what you want to cutoff. So make sure the type of relay you are ordering is what you need.

advantage is it is just plug n play with a little fiddling setting up the online account and settings
Great info....Thanks!
Question: - Does this replace another installed relay (You mentioned: " I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues") ......looks like it's wired in with 4 wires.
- Also, can they use a 4G SIM? Looks like the ones I saw were 2G only?
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Great info....Thanks!
Question: - Does this replace another installed relay (You mentioned: " I have the original relay in the car hidden just in case i have issues") ......looks like it's wired in with 4 wires.
- Also, can they use a 4G SIM? Looks like the ones I saw were 2G only?
Thanks again!
The gps relay replaces original fuel/ignition relay(depends which relay you wish to swap out).

the relay works with 4g sim. Don’t know if it connects to 4g but a 4g sim is capable of using lower grade connection like 3g, 2g.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts