Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fellow hawk friends, what is the best cold air intake for the hawk and preferably not to void the warranty. I heard that Mopar makes an intake that allows me to keep my warranty. My question is how worth it is goin with that vs some I have heard of like jlt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you searched the forum yet? There should be several discussions on this. No intake should void your warranty.
I planned to search more on this so thank you. The dealer made it sound like the second I did it, they wouldn't honor warranty. Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can always swap it back to stock when you take it in but I’d call him out on that if they wouldn’t honor a warranty strictly for an intake.
yeah same thoughts. I am new to owning my own nice vehicle that I would mod so I wasn't sure if they could get away with that. I seen to check states and dealers rules with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
NY is a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I lived just north of Albany for a bit. Had to go to court because a trooper wrote me all kinds of tickets for my Evo. I defended myself and got them all dismissed, the trooper was not happy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NY is a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I lived just north of Albany for a bit. Had to go to court because a trooper wrote me all kinds of tickets for my Evo. I defended myself and got them all dismissed, the trooper was not happy.
Ugh, sometimes rookies are pains in the asses or angry old cops I have noticed are the most common A-holes. I am hoping that because the hawk won't be full racecar and resembles my 'mama mobile' but blue, that they will leave me alone if I behave mostly on the streets. lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trooper in NY (upstate) wrote me up for having a air freshener hanging in my rearview.
Just got it dropped.
That is obnoxious. I know that is one of their laws or whatever but I keep my stuff hanging from my rearview because it isn't anything shiny or distracting/obstruction of view, etc. Glad to hear it got dropped. Upstate NY is hit or miss with what everyone gets in trouble for. Like window tint, sometimes people get tickets until they take it off and others are fine so long as they aren't breaking laws. I had a cop tell me this himself when I asked about my tint couple of years ago because I like mine very dark. Not limo but dark.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So fellow hawk friends, what is the best cold air intake for the hawk and preferably not to void the warranty. I heard that Mopar makes an intake that allows me to keep my warranty. My question is how worth it is goin with that vs some I have heard of like jlt.
Put a JLT on mine and love it. The supercharger really whines now, sounds awesome! Make sure you get an extra filter so you can take your time and clean it right. Mine has 3000 miles on it and isn't really even dirty.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put a JLT on mine and love it. The supercharger really whines now, sounds awesome! Make sure you get an extra filter so you can take your time and clean it right. Mine has 3000 miles on it and isn't really even dirty.
I have seen a lot of jlt suggestions. Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you searched the forum yet? There should be several discussions on this. No intake should void your warranty.
What is your (and others opinions) on K&N COI?..That was suggested recently and I haven't heard about those much honestly.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
All the big brand name CAI will be the same. pick one that you think is cool and be done. Your dealer will do what ever they want none of us know what they might do? number one thing to doing any mods to a car is 'You better be ready to pay if you want to play"

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Give them a google. Very well known name in the game but personally I wouldn’t put their products on anything over 60k. You can find other brands of smaller companies but like Rocket said, there’s not going to be a ton of difference between them, especially at stock power levels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Give them a google. Very well known name in the game but personally I wouldn’t put their products on anything over 60k. You can find other brands of smaller companies but like Rocket said, there’s not going to be a ton of difference between them, especially at stock power levels.
Noted and appreciate it. Very helpful and luckily my jeep is newer but just want everything perfect and to stay perfect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All the big brand name CAI will be the same. pick one that you think is cool and be done. Your dealer will do what ever they want none of us know what they might do? number one thing to doing any mods to a car is 'You better be ready to pay if you want to play"
Amen to that. I am seeing the costs of this on my end vs my.boyfriends cars...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't bother with the K&N. They designed it so that the filter sits under one of those vent holes on the hood. When it rains, guess where the water would go? Into the filter. So their solution is to provide you with a blockoff port that goes under the vent to install when it rains. To me, that is just a PITA and poorly engineered.

Look at the AFE units, they seem to be very well designed. The JLT or Livernois units also work nicely.

I haven't bothered with one on mine. I removed the Heimholtz resonator and put in a Fenco plug. I then added an AFE dry flow replacement filter and it works great. A lot more noticeable whine from the SC as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Don't bother with the K&N. They designed it so that the filter sits under one of those vent holes on the hood. When it rains, guess where the water would go? Into the filter. So their solution is to provide you with a blockoff port that goes under the vent to install when it rains. To me, that is just a PITA and poorly engineered.

Look at the AFE units, they seem to be very well designed. The JLT or Livernois units also work nicely.

I haven't bothered with one on mine. I removed the Heimholtz resonator and put in a Fenco plug. I then added an AFE dry flow replacement filter and it works great. A lot more noticeable whine from the SC as well.
Are you sure about the information you are supplying as far as where water goes? Have you tried this out or are you making an unproven statement?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts