Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions to get a little more bass out of my HK system in my '21 Trackhawk. Have 2 other GC's with bone stock sound systems which have "ok" bass from stock speakers. Totally disappointed in bass in this thing, especially seeing I have the upgraded sound system.

I don't want anything crazy, mostly listen to rock or metal. Looking for an easy an economical solution. Not interested in swapping out all the door speakers, have a spare tire so can't put anything down there either. I'm leaning towards a JL Stealthbox, any other viable options? If I went the JL route, any recommendations on a small amp to power the sub that could be tucked away out of sight?

·
Super Moderator
2,432 Posts
I found that listening through the satellite radio is lacking in bass but sounds much better when listening through my phone. From what I’ve read, it’s pretty pricey for just a bit more bass but there should be a few threads on here talking about this topic.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lil Hemi is right on target, it will cost a bit to get more bass and there are several threads on here. I believe PAC Audio makes a sub install kit that has an adapter for the factory headunit now. JL Audio makes a great small amp to pair with that Stealthbox.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lil Hemi is right on target, it will cost a bit to get more bass and there are several threads on here. I believe PAC Audio makes a sub install kit that has an adapter for the factory headunit now. JL Audio makes a great small amp to pair with that Stealthbox.
I have the JL Stealthbox and it works great - adds just enough bump without being obnoxious. My installer added a bass knob so I can control the amount of bass when needed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put a Focal Utopia MW10 inch sub and wow does it rock! Its a complete Focal Utopia setup with Audison amps and a Helix DSP.

Probably out of ur price range but u will need someone to make u a custom box in the stock location to do it right. Originally I had a Gladen Pro 10 inch and Hertz Mili pro but the Focal was in another league. It being installed now.

The JL Stealthbox is a great option for u but the bass is a little blury and not so tight but 10x better than that junk subwoofer that came with the HK system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the Trackhawk delivered last night and still overly underwhelmed by the bass output. Everyone is right, bass is half decent when I play music from my phone, but nonexistent when I play XM which I listen to 99% of the time. Funny thing is I only listen to XM in my other GC with stock system and I get ok bass out of XM. I'm not sure I want to go custom box route. Just looking for a little bump, nothing crazy. Thinking the stealthbox will be the way to go, just was curious if there were other options out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally got the Trackhawk delivered last night and still overly underwhelmed by the bass output. Everyone is right, bass is half decent when I play music from my phone, but nonexistent when I play XM which I listen to 99% of the time. Funny thing is I only listen to XM in my other GC with stock system and I get ok bass out of XM. I'm not sure I want to go custom box route. Just looking for a little bump, nothing crazy. Thinking the stealthbox will be the way to go, just was curious if there were other options out there.
Couldn't agree more. I honestly thought/think something was/is wrong. Playing radio or XM there is no bass. As soon as I stream from Android Auto or Bluetooth, the bass starts hitting. Never had this discrepancy between sources in other vehicles...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I only listen to SXM for talk radio and NFL. Use Apple Music with my phone plugged in for music and the bass is excellent “for stock”. However I am still putting in an audiodesigns Grand Cherokee specific box in place of the HK subwoofer. Just took out the back panels today and will be sound deadening the entire cargo area then putting the box in with an Audiofrog GB10D4. Will be powered with by an Audio Control LC1.800.

I am planning on removing the rest of the interior next month and sound deadening the entire vehicle as well.

Most feedback is to use the PAC AP4-CH41 for a clean flat signal to your amps. Which I also already installed as well.

After all that and I still want more, I will then get a Helix v Twelve and replace the rest of the factory speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bro, that will add 100 lbs to ur truck! Just not worth it. These cars are sealed very good. If ur gonna do anything do the front doors but all u can really do is the front side of the doors cause there really isnt much to be had there for sound insulation.

I removed the rear seats so I could put my amps under them and to save some weight. I dont even like the fact that im adding weight at all smh but the sub and amps added 35 extra lbs but I lost some weight removing them rear seat which were quite heavy so its probably a wash.

Would have put them in the spare tire compartment but my air ride is there so no room.

That Helix is great but imo it just doesnt put out enough power. I have the Helix Pro in my Mustang and it works great as a DSP. Im gonna put something with some more power in it as I run the Helix P6 and at 75 watts per channel I just cant get it to play loud enough for my taste.

But most ppl seem to love it and never complain. Nice having one amp to do everything tho so that V12 is still sweet!

I replaced the front channel with a JL C7 3.5 and wow did that make a huge difference! I ran an amp to power it tho. I replaced the rears with Hertz Pro coaxial and they work fine. Rear is just for fill anyway.

I am planning on removing the rest of the interior next month and sound deadening the entire vehicle as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hear you on weight but I can’t stand the rattle. Just finished the cargo area today. This sub will make your vision blur. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea screw the weight lol that looks dope bro! Which sub did u go with? How big were u able to fit? I went with a Focal MW 10 and I have to say it rocks. For me it was more about a balance of sound and weight otherwise I would have put two W7 15's lol.

I hear you on weight but I can’t stand the rattle. Just finished the cargo area today. This sub will make your vision blur. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea screw the weight lol that looks dope bro! Which sub did u go with? How big were u able to fit? I went with a Focal MW 10 and I have to say it rocks. For me it was more about a balance of sound and weight otherwise I would have put two W7 15's lol.
Went with an Audiofrog GB10D4. Running at 2 ohms so the Audiocontrol amp is feeding it a full 800 watts RMS. I have it crossed over at 70hz and it blends well with rest of the factory HK system. Couldn’t be happier with the results.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love Audiofrog! Especially their subs. I have to say out of all the factory sound systems ive had the HK in this truck was probably the best ive heard for a factory system but lacked bass for sure. Gotta have some good tunes while in the TH. Its almost sacrilegious not lol....

Went with an Audiofrog GB10D4. Running at 2 ohms so the Audiocontrol amp is feeding it a full 800 watts RMS. I have it crossed over at 70hz and it blends well with rest of the factory HK system. Couldn’t be happier with the results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts