Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my new TH yesterday and wanted to ask what is the top extended warranty plan available for my truck what does it cover for how long and what is the best deal people have gotten on this plan. I do plan on purchasing the additional warranty coverage soon but right now I am tapped after the initial truck purchase lol.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just took delivery of my new TH yesterday and wanted to ask what is the top extended warranty plan available for my truck what does it cover for how long and what is the best deal people have gotten on this plan. I do plan on purchasing the additional warranty coverage soon but right now I am tapped after the initial truck purchase lol.... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Good question. The extended warranty plans I've seen always have an asterisk stating that SRT, Hellcat and Demon's not covered. I'd be interested to see what others say and which, if any, are the way to go and at what price point.

·
Registered
147 Posts
- 8 year/125,000 mile Maximum Care Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan.......

- Acquired for free via dealer negotiation.....

- Cost anywhere from 3k - 5k from what I have heard/seen......

- Can ask dealer to maybe hook you up since it isn't to late......

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good question. The extended warranty plans I've seen always have an asterisk stating that SRT, Hellcat and Demon's not covered. I'd be interested to see what others say and which, if any, are the way to go and at what price point.
Well nobody’s gonna purchase an extended warranty that doesn’t cover their specific vehicle. I find this hard to believe, FCA clearly sells extended warranties for ALL of their cars and trucks. I got an 8 year / 75k mile extended warranty at the point of purchase, and of course it covers the Trackhawk. There would be major problems for the dealers and FCA if the extended warranties that they sold at the time of purchase didn’t cover the cars / trucks they sold them for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Your vehicle is covered by:
PLAN # 43746344
VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: 1C4RJFN93JC198992
8/125 MAXIMUM CARE
• 8/125 MAXIMUM CARE
(Option Code: WMX8125N Form Num: NM515)
EFFECTIVE: 12/11/2017
EXPIRES: 12/10/2025 OR 125,000 MI _______________________________________________________________________________________________
Key Terms
*Covered Vehicle or Vehicle - means the vehicle that has the above referenced vehicle identification number
*Dealer - means “authorized FCA US LLC franchise dealer”, which includes dealers of the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT, FIAT and ALFA ROMEO vehicle lines
*FCA US Vehicle - means "Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT, FIAT or ALFA ROMEO brand vehicles only"

*Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP) Plan - Is defined as a Plan offered and issued by FCA Service Contracts LLC.
*Plan - means this "8/125 MAXIMUM CARE" Service Contract
*we, us, our - means FCA Service Contracts LLC, formerly known as Chrysler Group Service Contracts LLC the entity obligated to perform the obligations of this contract. FCA Service Contracts LLC’s contact information is PO Box 2700, Troy, MI 48007-2700; phone: 1-800-521-9922. FCA Service Contracts LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of FCA US LLC, formerly known as Chrysler Group LLC.
*you, your - means the Plan purchaser
© 2017 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. ALFA ROMEO and FIAT are registered trademarks of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used with permission.

- This be the first paragraph.......

Reactions: adamkc

·
Registered
10 Posts
I added 2 years bumper to bumper, taking the coverage to 5 years or 60k miles for $1500. If I never use it, they refund the money. I could have gone longer but if I keep any car for 5 years, hell has frozen over.

·
Banned
362 Posts
After about 10 months of ownership I finally took FCA up on one of there email offers. (Seem I was getting them about once a month) I extended my bumper to bumper warranty to 75,000 miles for $1995.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Save your $2000 (and deductibles per instance) and put it in a savings account. Now if something breaks, use it to fix the car. You’ll thank me in a few years when you go to sell it and haven’t tapped the ~$3500. If you tap your balance before you were planning to get rid of the car, this is your queue to sell it.

IMO extended warranties are money thrown to the wind. This is just one mans opinion, but like others, I rarely keep anything more than 4 years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Save your $2000 (and deductibles per instance) and put it in a savings account. Now if something breaks, use it to fix the car. You’ll thank me in a few years when you go to sell it and haven’t tapped the ~$3500. If you tap your balance before you were planning to get rid of the car, this is your queue to sell it.

IMO extended warranties are money thrown to the wind. This is just one mans opinion, but like others, I rarely keep anything more than 4 years.
Solid advice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts