Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use the manual a/c mode, you can easily adjust the fan with the dial. But if I want to use the auto climate control, it appears I have to go to the climate control screen and then adjust the temperature using the touch screen. Well the problem is, if you click the red up or blue down arrow, it changes the temperature to max heat or max cool. To adjust a degree or two, you have to move the cursor with your finger which is near impossible to do in small increments when the car is moving. Is there a better way?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, not sure how I didn’t notice those 4 large buttons around the dial. Sorry, disregard this.

On the topic of climate control though, does anyone know how to access the auto on seat ventilation settings? It appears to turn on low fan ventilation when the outside temperature is over 75. Is there a way to change this setting?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow, not sure how I didn’t notice those 4 large buttons around the dial. Sorry, disregard this.

On the topic of climate control though, does anyone know how to access the auto on seat ventilation settings? It appears to turn on low fan ventilation when the outside temperature is over 75. Is there a way to change this setting?

Settings tab, seat fan/heat under auto on settings, or something like that.

Fyi, you can also use voice command to set HVAC temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you click on the menu tab that contains the seat ventilation/heat and then click settings, it brings up a setting that lets you turn on/off automatic ventilated/heated seats. However, I don’t see anywhere that lets you adjust the settings. Anyone know if this is an adjustable feature? I saw no reference to it in the manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To further explain, right now the car automatically turns on low level ventilated seats if the outside temperature is around 75 degrees or higher. And I’m assuming will turn on the heat at some low temperature as well. However, I’d like to have it turn on high level seat fans at 70 degrees or higher and never turn on the heated seats automatically.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
To further explain, right now the car automatically turns on low level ventilated seats if the outside temperature is around 75 degrees or higher. And I’m assuming will turn on the heat at some low temperature as well. However, I’d like to have it turn on high level seat fans at 70 degrees or higher and never turn on the heated seats automatically.
low only. I tried everything and it will only do low. Stupid I know. its become part of my start up routine push the Hell Cat start button then controls then hit the vent seat button 2 times then back to radio. LOL oh and lets not forget the custom button for driving set up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
low only. I tried everything and it will only do low. Stupid I know. its become part of my start up routine push the Hell Cat start button then controls then hit the vent seat button 2 times then back to radio. LOL oh and lets not forget the custom button for driving set up.
That’s too bad. Since the car already has the capability to turn on the seat vents at a certain temperature, Jeep could have made that an adjustable setting. I guess that’ll have to be part of my start up routine as well.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Is there anyway to update/upgrade a 2018 Uconnect/performance page to the options of what the 2020 trackhawk have?
Be careful what you ask for. For weeks now I've been trying to get dealer, FCA, somebody, to make the radio tuning knob functional while the performance pages (in my case, the gauges) are on the screen.

As it is, I have to turn the screen back to radio, then change the station, then use the screen to get the gauges back.
That does not play well with going fast on curvy roads.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah like cool down mode that allows the fan to stay running even if the truck is off and all the little extras with launch control etc.. I saw this one trackhawk have the tree light up and count down in the infotainment part by steering wheel, pretty neat... I was just wondering if the 2018 software can be updated...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah like cool down mode that allows the fan to stay running even if the truck is off and all the little extras with launch control etc.. I saw this one trackhawk have the tree light up and count down in the infotainment part by steering wheel, pretty neat... I was just wondering if the 2018 software can be updated...
That would be nice and you figure they could do it.

·
Banned
391 Posts
You can use the steering wheel controls to cycle through the presets but idk any other way.
Yeah, I learned about those buttons in my 1500 when steering with my knee, as I used to do while going around the garage in a left hand turn while putting the seat belt on.

It would be nice, I think, if the knob did its job regardless of what's on the screen. I may dislike those steering wheel controls, but at least they'd be usable on straight parts of the road.
And shorter sections than if changing the screen. That procedure can take me a mile or two to finish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts