Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the whipple 4.5 or kenne bell on their th yet? I blew my motor yesterday and am figuring out my new route lol. I’m not wanting E85 but want a maxed out 93 build. This is my daily driver for the most part. What is the cutoff for factory internals? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
If you blew the motor, why replace with stock motor? I went with a 426 stroker after mine blew and the stock blower is now my limiting factor. Idk if I’d go 426 if I were to do it over though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone running the whipple 4.5 or kenne bell on their th yet? I blew my motor yesterday and am figuring out my new route lol. I’m not wanting E85 but want a maxed out 93 build. This is my daily driver for the most part. What is the cutoff for factory internals? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks
93 octane is your limiting factor, not the stock blower. If you want more power and 93 octane, build the motor with a bigger cam, ported heads and pulley for a little more boost that the 93 octane can tolerate.

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Why do you not like the 426?
Not saying I don’t like it, the torque does make traction difficult and we are still ironing out some minor drivability issues. You could go somewhere in between the 6.2 and a 7.0 though is all I’m saying. The Jeep will need brakes and axles before I add any more power but the engine is fully built and I’m only running 13psi of boost right now. Money is the limiting factor lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the replies! Ok here is my exact situation. I live in Houston where E and 93 is plentiful. Problem is I use my trackhawk daily and am in the position where I have to drive it literally everywhere (coast to coast and in between). I beat the piss out of this thing regularly (digs, and countless 50 rolls to 170). I’ve had it to 177 twice that I can remember lmfao. It’s a 19 and I have 33k miles and I purchased it May of 20. This is why I can’t do E85 or too aggressive of a pulley setup (boost, altitude in Colorado, Utah, etc). I do have a budget as I’m not made of money unfortunately. I just want it as safe as possible with the reassurance that it can take beatings from my left foot for at least 30k miles lol. I’m open to a stroker and forged internals and a big blower if it’s worth it. I’m planning on axles but I’m outta $ when it comes to brake upgrade. So in essence guys a max effort 93 build is what I’m after. E is out due to limitations out of Tx. I’m not fond of an aftermarket cam due to checking valve springs every so often and I pile miles very quickly. Again lmk ur thoughts, I’m looking to start my build after tax time once I get more $ saved up. Unfortunately this happened at the absolute worse time bc I just bought something else that is being built and it’s draining me 😭.

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Have you already picked your shop to do the build? If you really want it to handle all of those scenarios then I would go ultra conservative and be sure you explain that to the shop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do you hyper modders figure better than the countless hours of engineering, shop trials, fine tuning, etc. that the army of engineers, techs and machinist that came up with the 6.2 system? Just wondering, cause I've seen 4 blown engines in these forums. Can you actually do a better system mod?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you hyper modders figure better than the countless hours of engineering, shop trials, fine tuning, etc. that the army of engineers, techs and machinist that came up with the 6.2 system? Just wondering, cause I've seen 4 blown engines in these forums. Can you actually do a better system mod?
Mine was blown from me not listening to my tuner sir not from modding. I’ve had several modified cars that I daily and beat the piss out of and zero mechanical failures. Mind you I’m ur typical young male that fits the fast car stereotype. My trackhawk blew up bc I did not listen to my tuner and decided to do a hard pull. This was 100% self inflicted and has zero to do with modding it. Stock is too slow for me, same as my C7 Z06.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you already picked your shop to do the build? If you really want it to handle all of those scenarios then I would go ultra conservative and be sure you explain that to the shop.
That would mean stock. I figure a forged internals, (possibly stroked), 4.5 whipple, and lower pulley build would be fairly safe and still in the neighborhood of 900 whp on 15-18 lbs. that is sorta my goal I guess

·
Registered
35 Posts
That would mean stock. I figure a forged internals, (possibly stroked), 4.5 whipple, and lower pulley build would be fairly safe and still in the neighborhood of 900 whp on 15-18 lbs. that is sorta my goal I guess
Let us know how that goes. You may win the Jeep TrackHawk.org Best Trackhawk mod. Let the contest begin!

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
I was thinking way overbuilt compared to the standard pulley/injector change. Something capable of 12khp tuned for 800-900 but that’s gonna be pricey. Fuel system alone will be around 4k installed.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Love the replies! Ok here is my exact situation. I live in Houston where E and 93 is plentiful. Problem is I use my trackhawk daily and am in the position where I have to drive it literally everywhere (coast to coast and in between). I beat the piss out of this thing regularly (digs, and countless 50 rolls to 170). I’ve had it to 177 twice that I can remember lmfao. It’s a 19 and I have 33k miles and I purchased it May of 20. This is why I can’t do E85 or too aggressive of a pulley setup (boost, altitude in Colorado, Utah, etc). I do have a budget as I’m not made of money unfortunately. I just want it as safe as possible with the reassurance that it can take beatings from my left foot for at least 30k miles lol. I’m open to a stroker and forged internals and a big blower if it’s worth it. I’m planning on axles but I’m outta $ when it comes to brake upgrade. So in essence guys a max effort 93 build is what I’m after. E is out due to limitations out of Tx. I’m not fond of an aftermarket cam due to checking valve springs every so often and I pile miles very quickly. Again lmk ur thoughts, I’m looking to start my build after tax time once I get more $ saved up. Unfortunately this happened at the absolute worse time bc I just bought something else that is being built and it’s draining me 😭.
You use your left foot on the throttle? That may be part of your problem...🙃

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking way overbuilt compared to the standard pulley/injector change. Something capable of 12khp tuned for 800-900 but that’s gonna be pricey. Fuel system alone will be around 4k installed.
I like this idea tbh but I have a price cap of 16k tbh. Keep in mind my block is good still, in fact she still runs but is hurt and at 0 psi oil pressure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts