Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anybody used these guys before?
Yes. I have their oil catch can on my TH. Top quality products that look awesome. Note, BT sends their stuff out of house to be anodized depending on what color you order which can lead to longer turnaround times then what you might be used to. I think my catch can took like 6 weeks to come to me from the time I ordered it. The communication about the progress of my order was great and I would highly recommend them.

·
Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I went there to get a catch can........Yada yada yada....I should have one of everything shipping my way in the titanium finish. Hoping it pairs up well with the Rhino paint.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Yep, been a customer for years. Installed MANY of their products across 5+ of our vehicles. Even had to order some of the same stuff when going from one JGC to the next as the vehicle buyer wanted them all included.

As said above, they CAN be slow. Some orders I got in 4ish weeks, others took almost 3 months, just depends on stock level of the item and what color you order and where they are in color rotation.

Its not Rhino, but I did install Matte Titanium on my True Blue (all though non of the pics show the external color anyway):

·
Registered
212 Posts
My order is in with them... getting all red with Some Disney chars laser engraved... Goes with my Hakuna license plate. I had to pay in full for the initial order... Now i have to pay for the engravings which is fine... But the communication on their end has deff slowed down.... I hope i get my set eventually... I will post pics!

·
Registered
130 Posts
complete **** joke!!! I waited over 2 months and not a peep from them. When I called the guy was a total d bag "well you should have know this could take many months". I can see a month maybe 2 but mine wasn't even on the horizon so I filed a pp claim and just got a refund

·
Registered
152 Posts
complete **** joke!!! I waited over 2 months and not a peep from them. When I called the guy was a total d bag "well you should have know this could take many months". I can see a month maybe 2 but mine wasn't even on the horizon so I filed a pp claim and just got a refund
Wow! That’s not good at all. Did you order a special color or custom engraving? I know that can really add to the delays. After I ordered what I thought was a “in stock color” (gloss black) I was surprised to find out they only process 1 color per week on a rotation based on how many orders they have for that particular color since they send them out of house for anodizing. So even though the machining was done on my order within 2 weeks, it had to sit and wait for 3 weeks before it got sent out with the rest of the black orders. This is all covered in their newsletter which I was not aware of at the time of placing my order. IMO they still have some of the best looking products out there. As Daniel454 showed in his pics above their products look like works of art, but he had to wait for almost 3 months. My guess is it was due to the Matte Titanium color. They sent me an email after my order was placed informing me to check their manufacturing newsletter updates on their website to track the status of my order which I did.

Long Lead Times:
http://billettechnology.net/bt/order-information/order-lead-times/

Manufacturing Updates Newsletter:
http://billettechnology.net/bt/category/manufacturing-updates/

If you don’t want a special color/ finish or custom engraving, and like satin aluminum or black then I would try UPR. They might have better turnaround times that you are used to.
http://www.uprproducts.com/dodge-billet-oil-catch-can-hellcat-15.html

I hope this helps.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Hey Daniel,
Are your running a different coolant in your SC I/C? Your fluid looks purple in the picture.

Just curious…
Thanks!
Its factory, has always been purple.

·
Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it’s just the lighting or maybe the camera. I looked at mine just now and it’s sort of pink but in pictures from when I picked it up, it’s way more of a purple tint.

·
Super Moderator
1,852 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lil Hemi, That really looks slick. I like the finish you chose for the Catch can, which one is it? Are you happy with the choices you made?

·
Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with the titanium finish, pairs nicely with the Rhino paint. They look great but they took a long time to get. I ordered mid June and they came yesterday but it depends on the color you choose. They seem to be at the mercy of the company that does the anodizing. It’s kind of a lot of money for something that doesn’t add any power and you rarely see but I have no regrets.

·
Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I emailed them that I had ordered the wrong size brake fluid cover. Got an email from them today saying they’d make my part in the right size and they’d swap it out when it’s ready. No doubt this will take some time as did the originals but I’m very happy with the way they responded and also very happy with the rest of the parts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts