Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I have been plagued with issues with my TH since the day I picked it up. I recently noticed a thud and a jolt when the car is downshifting on its own as well as a light clicking when the wheels are turned tightly. It went to the dealer and they said that the clicking may be the active suspension (I have already had half axles go bad). They could not replicate the other noise and jolt as it is not constant. Now I noticed that the wheels seem to be binding when making tight radius turns. I had similar issue when my encoder motor and transfer case were bad, but the dash was lighting up like christmas. That is not the case now. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow, you've really been plagued. Were you mean to a car in your last lifetime?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not normal. I’m sorry you are having issues with your new TH. There should be no binding, only happy driving. Ride your dealer like Seabiscuit and keep us posted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not normal. I’m sorry you are having issues with your new TH. There should be no binding, only happy driving. Ride your dealer like Seabiscuit and keep us posted.
Check out my posts. I'm on Trackhawk#2 and it's getting real dirty with dealer and FCA. Both of mine have been Junk. The thud noise they never figured out on my first lemon.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Check out my posts. I'm on Trackhawk#2 and it's getting real dirty with dealer and FCA. Both of mine have been Junk. The thud noise they never figured out on my first lemon.
Maybe pick up a lottery ticket, cause the odds of getting 2 lemons in a row has to be astronomical. You are devoted if you stick with it and go for #3. As much as I love this suv, I’d probably move on if I were you at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Taking mine in tomorrow for a similar issue. Thud when going into reverse and binding noise/vibrations when low speed turning from the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Taking mine in tomorrow for a similar issue. Thud when going into reverse and binding noise/vibrations when low speed turning from the front of the vehicle.
Mine also has a clunky noise going into reverse. Almost feels like it’s in the rear like a trailing arm or suspension related. Let us know what they find with yours.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bittersweet

Done with mine. Waiting on final paperwork, but supposedly FCA is taking it back. As much as I love it when I am driving it, I don't want to be a guinea pig at 100k. When I first joined this forum it seemed as though mine was a fluke and that no one else had as manny issues. I am starting to see more and more on here with issues. Perhaps ina few years when they work out the issues, but i don't even think the 2019 will ahve these issues resolved.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is just my 2 cents.

If more and more problems keep happening, FCA should be offering extended warranties at no cost to the buyers of 2018 Trackhawks.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
695 Posts
Done with mine. Waiting on final paperwork, but supposedly FCA is taking it back. As much as I love it when I am driving it, I don't want to be a guinea pig at 100k. When I first joined this forum it seemed as though mine was a fluke and that no one else had as manny issues. I am starting to see more and more on here with issues. Perhaps ina few years when they work out the issues, but i don't even think the 2019 will ahve these issues resolved.
So how does that work? Does FCA buy it back from you for what you paid for it?

What are you moving onto?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh man, I am sorry to hear all that you've been through.

I guess I ought to be very happy that I got one of the good ones. No problems (so far.)

Let us know how the buy-back procedure goes, and what you decide to get in place of the TH.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am still waiting on final paperwork to come through, but let's face it there ire no SUV's in this price range that can compare on performance. I am an SUV guy, I live in central PA, with no high end car dealer within 2 hours and am not willing to deal with driving 2 hours for service. Aslo, living in coal country driving a pretentious car is not really advisable. The majority of people here are suffering and driving a turbo Cayenne or a Maserati just does not bode well. So the Range Rovers, Benz, Porsche....are not options. For now I picked up a Volvo CX 90 "Excellence" Trim. which is amazing. Not on performance, but luxury is top of the charts. 0-60 in 5.1 seems slow, but it will do for now as these cars have great track records. I will follow the formum to see how the Trackhawks end up over the next few years and if they get better I have no problem getting one again. I will let you guys know when it is gone and what deal was made unless I have to sign an NDA.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I will let you guys know when it is gone and what deal was made unless I have to sign an NDA.
In this case NDA stands for...Never Drive Another.

Maybe you just need a tested and true second hand TH, there are plenty of us without any issues at all. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
655 Posts
We live in amazing times, when 0-60 in 5.1 sec seems slow. Related to most 1960s muscle car comparisons, back in the day, that Volvo of yours would be considered a rocket.

In these days, and where you live, I understand your situation about wanting a low-profile vehicle that's also fast.

Even in SoCal, I sometimes find myself leery about driving my exotic sports cars, due to all the gawkers, lane-swervers, and other assorted moving hazards. Not to mention potential car-jackers. You definitely need to keep an extra sharp look-out at all times. Kind of takes a bit of the fun out of the outing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We live in amazing times, when 0-60 in 5.1 sec seems slow. Related to most 1960s muscle car comparisons, back in the day, that Volvo of yours would be considered a rocket.

In these days, and where you live, I understand your situation about wanting a low-profile vehicle that's also fast.

Even in SoCal, I sometimes find myself leery about driving my exotic sports cars, due to all the gawkers, lane-swervers, and other assorted moving hazards. Not to mention potential car-jackers. You definitely need to keep an extra sharp look-out at all times. Kind of takes a bit of the fun out of the outing.
Yeah, 5.1 is not a slug for sure. Especially in a hybrid 400 hp Volvo.But I wills urely miss the sound of the engine!

Here in PA we can get a concealed carry in a week. I don't worry about car jackers here! Back when I lived in NJ (no gun zone) and had to go to Baltimore for work I had my SRT and was able to notice a "crew" on the street creeping up on me for the car. Narrowly avoided a likely car jacking.

Adam Corolla said it best a few years back. "He said Years ago when you saw a guy in a Rolls Royce you would say "wow, I wanna be that guy. How do I work hard to get a Rolls Royce". Now people say screw that guy. Who does he think he is? He doesn't deserve that car! I do! As they key it.

There is just no reason to be flashy here. People here who make money just don't compete like in the big cities. Trust me I lived in NY and NJ before. it is all about one upping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine also has a clunky noise going into reverse. Almost feels like it’s in the rear like a trailing arm or suspension related. Let us know what they find with yours.
Took it in this morning, had to go back in the afternoon to demonstrate the sound because they tried to tell me the sound was the “turbo” spooling up. Showed them the sound. Only happens when the truck is warmed up and after getting on it a couple times. Went to a Costco parking lot and did low speed tight circles (wheel turned to right before the maximum radius). Vibrations are felt through the steering wheel and a binding noise. I got out and the tech drove, when he replicated the issue I could feel the vibrations through the passenger seat. Also sounded like the rear tires were chirping. They are gonna have the shop foreman, driveline tech, and today’s tech test drive it tomorrow morning.

I love this Jeep but I am worried about the driveline issues and the short powertrain warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I’d be more worried about them telling me the turbo was spooling up. They sound like top notch mechanics. See if u can get them to show u the turbo lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts