Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My black factory intake bleached out, turning almost white. It was replaced while waiting for the second hose to fix my TH inter cooler leak, 1st hose was wrong but I am hoping the second hose is the right one. She has been in the shop for what will be 2 weeks if I get her back tomorrow. Has anyone else have this happen? I am wondering if the new one also change colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine started getting a little chalky looking in places (not nearly this bad) but a coating of silicone dressing took care of that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What ever happened with the replacement rubber intake? I have been seeing mine starting to do the same thing at 1600 miles. How many miles on yours?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine started to turn white in spots, but turned back to black once I put some VLR (Vinyl, Rubber, Leather) cleaner on it. I think it is heat related as I didn’t notice the color shift until the temps here reached the 100’s.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used iso alcohol to clean off the dust, then used a rubber vinyl plastic product similar to mothers back to black, and its been holding up and looks great now. Its so easy to remove, takes 30 seconds, and cleaning wasn't hard at all. worth the time (10 min total) for sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used iso alcohol to clean off the dust, then used a rubber vinyl plastic product similar to mothers back to black, and its been holding up and looks great now. Its so easy to remove, takes 30 seconds, and cleaning wasn't hard at all. worth the time (10 min total) for sure.
Bloody did you clean the inside or just the outside?

·
Registered
267 Posts
inside and outside. don't be intimidated by it. a flat head screwdriver, the alcohol, and some rags or paper towels And it'll look good as new. I just used the protectant in hopes it'll stay shiny black. so far so good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jenna Jameson went for the bleached exhaust pipe. Maybe you’re just starting a new trend and don’t know it yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts