Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

After driving an Enclave (and loving it) for about 9 years, and also loving my 1989 Pontiac Trans Am that i was forced to retire, I decided I wanted something a bit different. A sleeper. Hungry. Practical for someone 6’6", with some balls. A few months ago, I learned about the Trackhawk, and couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Pulled the trigger today. Amidst an unanticipated blizzard in Wisconsin!

Took forever getting out of the dealership, while I watching the snow start. Lol.

Brand new to the vehicle and loving it, being overly cautious, and then half way home realizing there is a dial on the console for snow. Ha! Regardless, Trackhawk don’t care. Trackhawk don’t give a **** (spoof re the Honeybadger). (yes I have the standard tires - I would not be foolish with the 3 season in snow).

This thing is a marvel of engineering (coming from an engineer).

I’ve been monitoring the forum for a while prior to purchase and enjoy all of the discussion. I’m also looking forward to taking a serious drive tomorrow.

Thank you for all the spirited discussion. I hope to be in touch (in a positive way).

TRN

·
Registered
78 Posts
You have only scratched the surface of the enjoyment of owning and driving this great vehicle. Continued fun and welcome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats, welcome and Happy New Year. This is my DD and it makes me giggle and remember why I work hard everyday whenever I press the pedal, which is a lot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I knew you were going to refer to a honeybadger as soon as I read "Trackhawk don't care". The TH certainly gives zero ****'s. Hahaha. Welcome to this great forum!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and making it out of the dealer in the blizzard.
Love the honeybadger reference!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thing is amazing! And I’m 2 days in, still breaking it in. Scary funny!

This am, on the way to work, I passed an officer on the side of the road and I saw his expression ‘WTF’ was that?

It seems these things are still in the dark. For example, I recall calling several dealerships asking about a Trackhawk, only to hear “oh yeah - got plenty of Trailhawks”. No. Trackhawk. “Whaaat?”.

I read through the manual, and even that seems to neglect the TH. Is there another online resource or manual that actually intelligently discusses this beast (besides here of course)? Something published by FCA?

Thanks,
T.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question:

The beast is awfully squeaky at idle. Normal for break in? No issues when driving.

Thanks,
T.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Probably supercharger noise, idle up a few rpm and see if the noise goes away, it’s normal.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Also check to make sure your belts are aligned properly, my SC belt was off a rib at the SC from the factory. I looked at several pictures online and about half of them showed that the belt was off a rib at the SC.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Doc welcome to the best group of people and the baddest vehicle in my opinion on the planet.

I am a vendor on here so do not hesitate to reach out for any help with your TrackHawk. I see some of my fellow brothers have helped to answer some questions you had so I won't continue on.

Thank you X pilot and Lil Hemi

Sincerely
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts