Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
VERY difficult to loosen the pulley. I ordered the 15/16" hex tool and pin holding tool from GripTec along with the pulley which should arrive next week. Metco is another place that offers the tools. Maybe two people to hold it down while you torque?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can Anyone tell me why you absolutely have to remove the snout to remove the pulley? I would love to see a diagram of the snout parts. But to me it seems you could take it off without removing the snout. As far as I see it two things would have to be present in order for this to happen. Somehow keep the stock pulley from moving and enough initial impact pressure to knock it lose. Or is the one way clutch going to stop me? But then again I could be completely wrong and I haven't torn into mine yet until this weekend 😁

·
Super Moderator
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the proper term is decoupled but yeah, you gotta pull the snout and install this metco tool to hold it still so you can get the bolt out. Depending on what pulley you install, you may not need to pull the snout to change it next time but you have to in order to get the stock one off.

You don’t have to completely pull the blower though, you can just tilt it up at the front to get the snout off. Be careful of those flimsy gaskets between the blower n engine though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.