Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 15K miles on my 18 Trackhawk. I have yet to use launch control. It is so much fun as a DD. I look forward to driving it. I have noticed recently on hard acceleration (not WOT, have not floored yet either) that I am seeing what appears to be darkish exhaust, like a cloud that dissapates quickly. I cannot find any on line videos of trackhawks at a track that shows this. I had a 16 charger hellcat for a couple thousand miles that seemed to leave an oily film on the bumper. Is what i am seeing in my Trackhawk the norm ? I am using about a quart of oil every 5-6 K miles. No smoke ever on start up.

Also, any news on the Demon powered Trackhawk ?

·
Banned
362 Posts
I've seen the typically black smoke on hard acceleration on all four of my SRT's and TH's but as you say, it quickly dissipates. However, I've never noticed any real oil consumption with any of them. Maybe 1/2 quart, at the most, between oil changes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. That eases my mind greatly. I probably overstated the oil use. Probably more inline with yours also. I can't explain how much I enjoy the vehicle. I am in the Virginia highlands and might not use it much this winter due to salt/cinders they use liberally here. I have a 786 Blazer I might use...talk about day and night.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Black smoke would be fuel burn, possibly running a bit rich and blue smoke would be oil burn. Get a JLT oil separator and it should greatly reduce the oil loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts