Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Using Mobil 1 makes absolutely zero difference. Everyone of my Hemi powered cars have used Mobil 1 and everyone from time to time exhibit the "blue smoke" problem on start-up. We just purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango SRT8 and will less than 500 miles on the odometer it has the same occasional issue. I agree oil is probably leaking through the valve seals, but FCA has not been able to correct the problem and these engines have been in production since 2005. Every forum has a discussion on this issue and no-one has found a cure. It is just another quirk of these cars and having the local dealer arbitrarily replace parts to find the magical cure will put your vehicle in more danger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not saying Mobil 1 will solve the problem. I'm saying make sure you check the oil to see if it's already burnt. After 600 miles, my trackhawk had burnt oil. I had 2014 jeep SRT, 2016 charger SRT never had oil burnt problem or smoke issues. This engine has more power, which creates more heat with the supercharge. You don't wanna drive the trackhawk with burnt oil for another 3000 to 4000 miles. It'll cause internal damage. The reason i choose Mobile 1 over any other oil, i've been using it for over 20 years on all my vehicles. They use different additive that protects the engine especially from high temp. When i reach 1200 miles, i'll change the oil again just to see if it's burnt. I'm hoping that Mobil 1 can resist the heat better than the OEM oil that came with the vehicle. I'm at 800 miles right now, i've not seen smoke for the past 2 days. I'll keep you updated it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed mine does this on occasion(2018) but I just assumed it is because the cats take a few seconds to start working and as soon as the cats are doing their thing it clears up.

Sound reasonable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The smoke is really starting to bother me. I love this truck but this may make me sell it and buy something different.
also getting tired of my buddies saying why does your new truck smoke when you start it. Expected more from a $90k jeep.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Okay, this thread made me go look.... My 2019 TH has been sitting in the garage for a couple of days now. So I stood behind it and used the remote start to be sure I'd see it, if it smoked. Nothing. No smoke at all of any color. I also don't ever recall seeing it on my 2018 TH and I had over 40k miles on it when I traded it. FWIW, I used 0-40 Pennzoil and haven't ever noticed any measurable oil consumption in either of my TH's.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts