Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally committed to ordering a Trackhawk. After watching nearly every video and review on the Trackhawk, I couldn't find anybody who regretted shelling out the big bucks to buy a Trackhawk. I've been lurking on all the forums and again, nothing that would dissuade me from making the purchase. Found a local dealer in Las Vegas that had a 2018 on the lot. 4-30-2019 I went to take a look. Owner was using it so it had over 500 miles on it. Took it for an extensive test drive and that sealed the deal. Went back to the dealership and made the order. Just hope I don't regret giving up my Raptor!

I had a quote from the "largest dealer in the country" that was $500 under invoice on a 2019 built to order. Saleslady was great but her manager was a real piece of work and cost her the sale. I showed the Las Vegas dealer my quote and they not only matched it but beat it. On top of that, they gave me top dollar for my 2017 Ford Raptor and let me keep it till my Trackhawk came in.

Ordered on 4-30-2019. I ordered the Slate Blue Pearl Coat (blue is the fastest color), black Laguna Leather Performance Seats, High Performance Audio, Black Satin Aluminum Wheels, 3 Season Tires and Tow Package. I passed on the sun roof since I rarely used mine on the Raptor and also passed on the Video Entertainment system since everyone has a tablet of some sort.

DI status on 5-7-2019 with a VON and VIN assigned. Estimated ship date is 5-23-2019, so I'm optimistic I'll be in it by mid June. Was a bit hesitant since the next gen Grand Cherokee is rumored to be coming out in model year 2021 and may have three rows, the 12" infotainment screen and possibly the Redeye Hellcat engine. However, they may not even make a Trackhawk either, so bird in the hand.

Only thing I'm going to do is K&N Filter and tint the front side windows. I'm up in the air about removing the emblems. It does clean it up though...

·
Registered
412 Posts
You won't regret the move. i've driven a Raptor and they are nice. I have owned several Gen 2 Lightning trucks that were modded, as well as a Ram SRT-10 with the Viper engine (also modded to over 600hp). If you don't need the off-road capability of the Raptor, the Trackhawk will make you forget that thing the day you drive it off the lot.

I'm not sure I'd want a GC with a 3rd row... seems like that would have to be a much larger vehicle (Durango), and that would take away from the "sport" from this SUV.

On the emblems and other mods... take your time. I had a '15 GC SRT and removed them after a couple of months, so when I took delivery of my TH, they were gone that afternoon. But to each his own. Look forward to seeing the new blue color, so please post some pics when you get it. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as I get it, wash, clay bar, wash, then polish, polish, polish. Then I'll take the pics. For some reason, blue doesn't seem to be a very popular color with vehicles. Makes mine more unique

·
Registered
412 Posts
The 3 other vehicles in my current stable are all some shade of blue.

The only blue they had in '18 was very dark... which, when clean, is gorgeous. However, this is my DD and so silver it was.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My TrackHawk is fun, very fast and handles well for a heavy SUV but ride and driver ergonomics it just doesn't compare to my '18 Super Cab Raptor.

I'm ok with keeping both though. If one had to go it sadly would be the TrackHawk.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
My TrackHawk is fun, very fast and handles well for a heavy SUV but ride and driver ergonomics it just doesn't compare to my '18 Super Cab Raptor.

I'm ok with keeping both though. If one had to go it sadly would be the TrackHawk.
your lucky enough to have both. I personally wouldnt even buy the new one. I tried so much to like the 6 banger and couldnt do it. Some times I wish i kept my 14 but the money I got for it was to good to pass up. I go broke paying insurance on all these **** cars already.
the super cab is the way to go with the new ones good choice there thats for sure. Just dont put Method wheels on it please lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are correct. Very lucky, very blessed and yes, very expensive to own both. TrackHawk is a very very cool toy for sure!

When I drive my Raptor after a few days in the Jeep I always think my Raptor isn't running right lol. Raptor feels pretty quick until I get back in the Jeep lol!

I'm anxious to get the Jeep on a road trip. I bought it over a 911 Turbo S so on road trips we sat up high enough to be able to see the cool sights.

Maybe after our little get away mid June I'll have a different opinion on the Jeep. I just hope I don't give wifey whip lash!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm anxious to get the Jeep on a road trip. I bought it over a 911 Turbo S so on road trips we sat up high enough to be able to see the cool sights.

hmmm.....like deciding between steak or lobster- doesnt portray my surprise at anyone that has actually had to decide between the 2.....they are two ENTIRELY different animals..:surprise:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.