Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have a question about a Kenne Bell boost a pump for the trackhawk. I have a tuner shop that said they will install one of these with their tune... but question is, is it worth it? What exactly will
It do?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Why would you need it for just a tune when the TH already comes with the double pump from the Demon and tuners doing 1,000hp package do not even install one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah I didn’t think it’s be necessary. Doing pulleys, injectors, thermostat, belt etc. it’s their “stage 3” tune... I just don’t know what the pros and/or cons were for having a boost a pump..

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I haven’t heard of anyone needing this, I think it’s from the charger/challenger platforms but the TH comes beefed up

·
Registered
582 Posts
That tuner doesn’t know TH has dual Pumps standard.

BAP boosts voltage to pump. Spins pump faster , more fuel volume.

I’ve run them in other cars. Not ideal, but they work
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Which in my mind would raise a flag that the tuner has not done much work on the platform. I would walk away and buy from someone else who has a proven record on our platform. Just my 2 cents

That tuner doesn’t know TH has dual Pumps standard.

BAP boosts voltage to pump. Spins pump faster , more fuel volume.

I’ve run them in other cars. Not ideal, but they work

·
Registered
73 Posts
What fuel are you going to run in your TH? Is a BAP needed is switching from 9x octane to E85? Maybe that is why it is suggested. Would also like to know because I am doing the switch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was thinking about doing e85, so that was in the quote. But I’m prolly not going to do e85, just stick w 93.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
If you can’t get a flex tune then 93 will give you more options when it comes to refueling, which you do a lot of.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that’s for sure. I live in florida, so I’m close to a couple tuners here in Florida.. I’m not sure of any in Orlando, but have heard of gearhead fabrications and Forza tuning. Both are driving distance. You can see a trackhawk that got tuned by Forza on YouTube and also check out the web site with theee different stages/packages.. I know gearhead fabrication has done ALOT of hellcats but i don’t think too many trackhawks... I would def pick livernoise but I know that shipping cost would be crazy!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check out American Muscle Performance in Pompano Beach, I believe.

Scott the owner is a looong time Gen3 Hemi guy and all around nice dude. Built me a solid, problem free 750whp LX a bunch years back.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
It all depends on the power you want to make on our s1025 package and s1150 package we don't run a boost a pump unless you want to make more then that. Our s1025 makes around 869hp and 831tq on e85 without a boost a pump and our s1150 puts down 955hp and 877tq without a boost a pump with that being said it about your goals

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah I've never been a fan of the BAPs and expressed that on a Facebook forum only to hear about why it is so amazing by a local tuner. Because I'm not a keyboard warrior I let it go, but I'll try to find the post and let you know what he said!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can't find it, but he basically said that you need it for fuel trim safety....sounds like someone trying to get more sales IMO. Maybe Livernois or Mike can comment on the amount of wiggle room there is with the stock pumps on E85.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The wiggle room is good question. I will say when both upper and lower pulleys are added with full E85 I would consider it close to the limit.

Hope this helps
So when you say close to the limit, should a BAP be considered? Your S1025 package includes both upper and lower pulleys and appears it that the dual Trackhawk fuel pumps are more than sufficient for E85 with your package. Is my interpretation correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do any of you know where the Fuel Pump Driver /Control Module is on the Trackhawk. I just ordered a BAP from JMS and taking off the snout to get ported...I want to get everything ready for when it comes in.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You could get a copy of the wiring manual for a 2018 Jeep WK2 and find what you need. I doubt it changed if your Jeep is newer.
part # 81-370-18064-WUSB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts