Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great to know that the fitment is similar to the SRT, had no idea that it would be compatible. Don't suppose you could upload a clip of how it sounds? I've heard it on other Cherokee models, but I can only imagine how it lends itself to the TH.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Drone?!? I've been experience bad idle drone with the SW catback which bothers me when I have my babies :|

How does your video have 7 dislikes?!?! I'll do a cabin video with my gopro later and try to capture the noise when it's warmed up...if you could do the same (hoping you have the same camera for variable purposes) that would be excellent.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good to know! I know every Borla cat-back/axle-back exhaust I've installed on _numerous_ vehicles over the years has NEVER had in-cabin drone. I've tried others that have droned something fierce.

I like the sound of the stock exhaust, but this is tempting!

What tips did you use? Looks like Borla offers tips for an additional charge, or we can use our stockers.

Reactions: hawkku

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have had Borla on other cars (not FCA) and loved them. I would like to see what slate says, but the level of drone is purely subjective, so he may not find that it has drone whereas I would. Basically the deep wahhhhhhhh in cabin sound like a subwoofer is constantly playing is what i consider to be drone

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good to know! I know every Borla cat-back/axle-back exhaust I've installed on _numerous_ vehicles over the years has NEVER had in-cabin drone. I've tried others that have droned something fierce.

I like the sound of the stock exhaust, but this is tempting!

What tips did you use? Looks like Borla offers tips for an additional charge, or we can use our stockers.
I had Borla on my '13 SRT and the sound was fantastic with no drone, in fact Borla makes the no drone claim on their site. I'm with others - like the stock sound especially after 10K miles now that it's got some carbon buildup however the Borla is tempting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
So what's the best/most affordable place to purchase?

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea that sounds good, similar to mine with the magna flow for the srt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do the tips look bad in person? I assume someone like myself with OCD would be annoyed at the bumper cutouts not flowing with the round tips.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took the Atak off my 2016 SRT when I traded it in for the Trackhawk and it's just sitting in my garage. Can you post some pictures from the back so I can see how the single tips look please.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts