Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with the borla exhaust with the black borla tips please post pics - ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just trying to compare the two circumferences...i have the tow package so either the'll stick out or I'll need to grind it down. The stock looks good but the cut-out could be improved, hence the borla.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the carbon fiber tips from bola as well and they say they will not fit the back with tow package. I am not sure if its the same for the black tips.

just looked it up for you. the black ones will not fit:

"These black chrome on T-304 stainless tips are made to fit BORLA® Cat-Back™ systems 140755 and 140756. They will NOT fit on the original equipment exhaust system and will NOT fit vehicles equipped with OE trailer hitch. Using BORLA® Stainless Steel Polish p# 21461 is NOT recommended with these black chrome tips. We suggest cleaning the tips with hot water and a microfiber cloth. Kit contains 2 tip assemblies with a total of 4 outlets."

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anyone tell me if the borla tip diameter is bigger than the stock tips ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
picked up a set - very nice. Will post pics once installed and some grinding done

·
Registered
173 Posts
@jeepaug,
Have you installed these black tips yet? I am very interested to see what they look like installed.
Will you please post a picture of what the inside of the tips look like? I have looked on the internet and I have found lots of pictures of the CF internals, but very few actual pictures of the Borla black tip internals.

Thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep - just had them installed - will post pics. One thing - I may be crazy - but the exhaust sounds louder with these over the borla extension with the stock tips...that said, one thing I know...is...I LIKE IT !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep - just had them installed - will post pics. One thing - I may be crazy - but the exhaust sounds louder with these over the borla extension with the stock tips...that said, one thing I know...is...I LIKE IT !
Excellent news on the sound! I bought the same set of Borla black tips (not installed yet) for a couple reasons.

Obviously for looks, but I didn't like the fact that the Borla extension pipes narrow down to fit the stock tips and the poor internal design of the factory tips.

This may affect high hp exhaust flow, but I was sure it affected the exhaust sound in a negative way. For yrs I have changed out my dual outlet Corsa exhaust tip on my Truck for the winter with a straight pencil tip. The exhaust sound is dramatically affected to the point that I am always egar to reinstall the larger Corsa tip in the spring and gain back the exhaust sound I love.

I think the larger Borla exhaust tips will make a noticeable sound difference as you have already heard as they get larger at the end like a megaphone. I need to polish the tubing up and get them installed now that I know the sound will improve. ☺👍

·
Registered
36 Posts
@jeepaug,
Have you installed these black tips yet? I am very interested to see what they look like installed.
Will you please post a picture of what the inside of the tips look like? I have looked on the internet and I have found lots of pictures of the CF internals, but very few actual pictures of the Borla black tip internals.

Thank you.
I do not have a photo of the tip internals with me but they are a very nice "reverse merge" design for excellent exhaust flow. They have a much better and smoother airflow path compared to the stock tips. The inside matches the outside looks, not a poor airflow hack job inside like some aftermarket tips have.

Also as much as I like the Borla carbon fiber tips I did not buy them as as the exhaust pipe diameter inside the tips does not increase like it does with their black tips. So there is no way those will have the same sound impact as the megaphone black tips will IMO.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts