Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to bash you but you guys have some SERIOUS issues going on and I’d like to provide constructive feedback about my experience.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
oh **** whats the bad news? I want the same system and still waiting for your review to see if I get it or not. so lets hear it good or bad we need to know please.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The product is great, the delays are ridiculous. Apparently they put the wrong address on the tips.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
is that chip on the top where you will see it? if so I would file a claim with the shipping company and get your cash back. Normally I let **** fly but I know these were expensive I think $600 if so they need to be $600 perfect. If you cant see it then what ever but looks like the top.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m with u, they should be perfect but they are gonna get exposed to all kinds of nasty and it took 8 weeks just to get this set.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Replacements showed up and the CF is perfect but the pipe is bent AGAIN, this time I don’t think I’ll be able to get it on. The box was in perfect condition so it’s not like last time when the box showed damage where the tube wasn’t circular. I really don’t understand why Borla is having such issues packaging these but at $700 a set, I shouldn’t be having these issues. Might be time to bite the bullet and put them in a bigger box. They are pretty though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s been over a week and still no replacements. I’m having SERIOUS doubts about Borla at this point. 6 weeks waiting and then two sets of damaged tips. They should’ve been overnighted, but at the VERY least ship them ground but nothing so far. Very disappointed with my Borla experience. The product is good but this is no way to do business.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The aftermarket customer support for this vehicle seems to be horrendous. I mean, this is a simple cat-back exhaust system. I'm glad i just stuck with the stock tips and didn't even bother trying to get theirs. Then the issues you're having with the other vendor. Sheesh.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m happy with the cat back portion, it’s these tips that are the ridiculous part. With as vocal as I am as well as a few other members are, it shouldn’t take long for the manufacturers to hear about our crappy experiences. I know other members sure do hear what we say.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree with you. One reason I haven't really modded mine (engine-wise) is all this crap some of you are dealing with regarding mail-order tuning, etc. It is BS. There is _no_ excuse. Even if the product development is good, it is extremely poor product support (same can be said for Borla with these tips).

This is the only vehicle I've ever owned that has remained this close to stock after 15 months of ownership. Springs, cat-back, wheels. So far that's it. As a hot-rodder, I don't even consider those "mods." LOL

I wish the trusted, local GM shop worked on these.

Sorry you are having issues... and I hope other owners are indeed listening to the problems dedicated guys like you are having, instead of throwing more money at these vendors/manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heard back from Borla after over a week and they offered me another replacement or $50 off. I just want what I paid for over two months ago. Will give them a 3rd chance to see if they can put stuff in a box without damaging it but this is the last chance before I give up completely and ask for a refund.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got this response from Borla today.

Hello Jerod,

Thank you for choosing to use our exhaust, I am very sorry to see that you continue to receive tips with defects. We have certainly dropped the ball here and I would like to try to make this right. First, I just had a discussion with our factory in Tennessee where these tips are made and I am sure the next set mailed out will be made correctly and arrive without damage. Second, I would like to reimburse you in full for the price you paid for these tips. It should not take 4 tries to send you a set of tips for your Borla system. Please just send me a copy of your invoice showing what you paid and I will have a check mailed to you.

Thank you,
Chris Baas
Borla Performance Industries

1 - 20 of 26 Posts