Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sit here waiting impatiently for AFE to release their intake for our trucks, I've been looking at Exhausts.

I wanna stay as quiet as possible, while replacing the OE exhaust to get the best flow possible and get rid of that horrendous kink after the Suitcase (which serves a point, I get it). After reading real quick about having to drop the Motor to do Headers, Exhaust is next on the list, and Headers will prob be last, because of the BS to deal with on Install.

I've heard the S-Type on a few TH's on YouTube, but can only find the AR on the SRT's.

Sounds like even the AR Exhaust is quieter and def has less rasp than the Borla S-Type.

Has anyone heard the AR on the TH, to comment on how much, if at all, different it sounds than on the SRT?

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
that kink has no effect on performance. Headers add no performance gains either. the cat back will be sound only no other gains. I have no idea if you know this just trying to help if not. if you already knew that then I would look at the Borla S type

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was looking at the AR Exhaust on my iPad, so I was able to zoom in on it, and it looks like it has that crunch on the passenger side pipe, just like the OE Exhaust, so that's out if true.

So back to just the Borla.

It's a shame too. AR is only about 30 minutes away from me, coulda dropped the TH with them for the day to do headers and all. What better person to install the part, than the people who make it!

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
why are you worried about the bend in the pipe? Its there to access a bolt and it changes nothing no HP is lost no HP is gained adding headers also. I think he used ARH also when he tested. but yes if you do go with them might as well let them install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts