Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did any of you guys replace the rotors also? I have 22k+ miles on my TH and need to do the brakes. I'm thinking to go Powerstop pads and rotors all the way around. Any feedback or insight from anyone?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have PowerStop Z26 rear and front in cart and will ceramic coat wheels as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a set of Z26 pads on the way for all 4 corners. Plan to put them on this weekend. I'll post my impressions relative to stock once they're on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
keep us posted
I have a set of Z26 pads on the way for all 4 corners. Plan to put them on this weekend. I'll post my impressions relative to stock once they're on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Z26 pads are on. Install was dead simple, though time consuming due to my need to get as much brake dust as possible off the pretty yellow calipers... One minor gripe - the rear pads came with the wrong hardware so I had to reuse what was there. Front pads and hardware were fine though.

From my limited drive time (really not much other than break in), stopping power and pedal effort seem to be the same. There's no difference that I can discern anyway. I noticed no fade either as the brakes got hot during break in. Scientific test, definitely not. But good enough for me.

The one thing I can't really report on yet is the amount of brake dust these pads make. But I can't see it not being absolutely night and day better than stock. I'll update this post after I've got some miles in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is my 2nd set of the z23’s. You’ll love the decrease in dust on the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
+1. I use Adam's products on all my cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
just chiming in as work is slow! I use adams also. Never tried a wheel cleaner I just use the soap from the car, lol but my junk never gets dirty anyways. specially after swapping pads.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use Sonax wheel cleaner. There is nothing else out there that is as good. A little over a month ago, I changed up my z23 pads for the the z36 pads and the braking is quite a bit better. Only a very, very slight bit more dust but really, nothing to worry about. The front pins that they include for the Brembo's fit fine. The rear pins are too short and you have to reuse the stock Brembo hardware for that.

At first I had initially thought my rotors were warped but in checking them closely, there was some simple glazing on them. That was easily remedied when I broke the pads in with about ten 60-10mph quick hard braking runs right in a row and then about 10 minutes of driving without using the brakes to let them cool. I had a nice bluish tint on all of the rotors and no wobble at any speed when braking. I found the braking with the z36 pads to be significantly better than the z23.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I use Sonax wheel cleaner. There is nothing else out there that is as good. A little over a month ago, I changed up my z23 pads for the the z36 pads and the braking is quite a bit better. Only a very, very slight bit more dust but really, nothing to worry about. The front pins that they include for the Brembo's fit fine. The rear pins are too short and you have to reuse the stock Brembo hardware for that.

At first I had initially thought my rotors were warped but in checking them closely, there was some simple glazing on them. That was easily remedied when I broke the pads in with about ten 60-10mph quick hard braking runs right in a row and then about 10 minutes of driving without using the brakes to let them cool. I had a nice bluish tint on all of the rotors and no wobble at any speed when braking. I found the braking with the z36 pads to be significantly better than the z23.
How's the sound on the z36s'? I find more carbon fiber makes more sound.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where is everyone buying these z23, z26, z36 pads? I just hit 20k miles on my TH. I guess I should start keeping an eye on them!

·
Registered
66 Posts
How's the sound on the z36s'? I find more carbon fiber makes more sound.
No issues with sound. The brakes work great! I just have the clicking and clacking going on as I have to clean the faces of the rotor hubs that the wheel mounts to and the backs of the wheels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where is everyone buying these z23, z26, z36 pads? I just hit 20k miles on my TH. I guess I should start keeping an eye on them!
Rock Auto was cheapest price when I bought mine back in May 2019, Z 26 pads

101 - 120 of 132 Posts