Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
what is the main difference between the Z26, and z36 pads. They both state carbon ceramic.
thanks
Buddy

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
There’s a shim difference between the Z23 and z26 But all I see for the Z36 is that’s it’s for towing and off roading.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Z36 is a slightly heavier duty pad. I put those on mine both front and rear about a month ago. There is a very, very slight bit more brake dust. I mean, it is miniscule. I did find that after having the Z23s for a year, the z36 brake pads have a bit more bite when braking and I do notice that it stops better.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Z23and Z26are same exact pads. There should be zero difference.

The shims are different between the 2.
26’s use all SS shim, no rubber, for better heat dissipation.

Edited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I know the difference between the Z23 and Z26 Is just a shim. It’s just another shim for the 36?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know the difference between the Z23 and Z26 Is just a shim. It’s just another shim for the 36?
Probably! The material looked different between the Z26 and the Z36 when I compared them but that could mean anything. Could just be a batch color difference.

Either way, I have a slight bit more brake dust now than I did with the 26 pads.

I was looking around at the Stop Tech stuff and I found this...
TrackHawk rotors

Hopefully they are now coming out with some other options.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I believe it said the pad material was different for the z36 to deal with the load of towing.

I edited the post above to what I was trying to say. Little sleepy when I posted that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Lol, it’s all good. I remember being surprised that the shim was the only difference between the 23 and 26. Seems like there would need to be something else different for the 36. You’re probably right and it’s a slight change in compound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shopped around and bought the Z26’s. I will let you know when I get them in. Thanks for all the help guys! Right now I’m going out to clean my wheels AGAIN!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone first post on here! So I got the z26 front and rears with the part numbers powerstop recommends for the Trackhawk, same part numbers I see posted here. Went to put them on and the shop that installed said that the rears are not the correct size. He said when he looked up Trackhawk pads that there are 2 options a 330mm and 350mm because it has different size caliper options for the rear???? He said ones I have is incorrect for the caliper option I have. Has anyone else experienced this or know of what he is talking about.

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Part numbers are 6006 For front and 1053 for rears. I have zero clue what he’s talking about. I’m not aware of an option for brake rotor size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Part numbers are 6006 For front and 1053 for rears. I have zero clue what he’s talking about. I’m not aware of an option for brake rotor size.
Those are both the ones I got. The fronts went on no issue. I’m wondering if the rears are somehow the wrong box, label, or part for what I actually received. Or the shop is just incompetent. I was also unaware of any options for brake size on the rears.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Z36 is a slightly heavier duty pad. I put those on mine both front and rear about a month ago. There is a very, very slight bit more brake dust. I mean, it is miniscule. I did find that after having the Z23s for a year, the z36 brake pads have a bit more bite when braking and I do notice that it stops better.
Just want to add that I agree with above...... Installed Z36 PowerStop pads front and rear and love them! Quiet, excellent stopping power, and nearly zero dust. ☺

I was concerned about going away from the stock Brembo pads but have been pleasantly surprised at the strong initial bite of the Z36 pads that I feel I gave up nothing by doing so.....
Well nothing besides all that damn Brembo brake dust! 😝😁

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just want to add that I agree with above...... Installed Z36 PowerStop pads front and rear and love them! Quiet, excellent stopping power, and nearly zero dust. ☺

I was concerned about going away from the stock Brembo pads but have been pleasantly surprised at the strong initial bite of the Z36 pads that I feel I gave up nothing by doing so.....
Glad to see someone else found this as well! (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Do you remember the parts numbers for the Z36 front and rear ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally went to installed my Z23 pads front & rear today. Well the front pads didn't fit. Box & inside packaging both have the same part #, Z23-6006. But the pads are a bit different. Powerstop front pads backing plate goes over the top & bottom of the pad & does not allow it to slide into the caliper. I did not attempt to install the rears once I ran into this issue. However, the backing plate on the rear Powerstop pads look correct. Maybe the front pads I received were packaged incorrectly? Can anyone confirm the backing plate on their Z23 front pads? See below photos.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting, I wish I could help but my Z36 pads just slipped right in like butter both front and rear no issues. By looking at your photo it appears the backing shim is a little extra long in overall body length before the little bend on each end. You can tell as the the shim end tab is bent over greater than 90 degrees making the overall shim length larger than the caliper ID.

I think I would either rework the shim so it is flush and square with the end of the brake pad, or just remove the shims all together if it is for just daily driver usage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting, I wish I could help but my Z36 pads just slipped right in like butter both front and rear no issues. By looking at your photo it appears the backing shim is a little extra long in overall body length before the little bend on each end. You can tell as the the shim end tab is bent over greater than 90 degrees making the overall shim length larger than the caliper ID.

I think I would either rework the shim so it is flush and square with the end of the brake pad, or just remove the shims all together if it is for just daily driver usage.
Yeah, if the backing plate/shim was tighter to the pad they may have worked. However, if others on here with Z23 didn't have the same backing plate/shim on their pads then I'm thinking these may have been packaged incorrect.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts