Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My z36 had the same problem the front pads are to long and will not fit in the calipers.
Have to wait till Monday and call Summit for a return and replacement.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My z36 had the same problem the front pads are to long and will not fit in the calipers.
Have to wait till Monday and call Summit for a return and replacement.
Ever get the correct pads?

I had a 2nd set show up today, from a different vendor & the same fucking issue. Backing plate wraps around the edge of the pad so it won't slide in the caliper. This is pissing me off now...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Alright, spoke to Powerstop customer service. No one order the Z23 pads anymore. Looks like they made a pad design change at some point last year with the backing plate wrapping around the edge of the pads so it won't slide into our calipers. Rep I talked to said he had other Trackhawk owners call & complain as well. I gave him sh*t for the Z23 still coming up at compatible with our Jeeps even though it is clearly not. He suggested the Z26 pads as the backing plate is the same as stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ever get the correct pads?

I had a 2nd set show up today, from a different vendor & the same fucking issue. Backing plate wraps around the edge of the pad so it won't slide in the caliper. This is pissing me off now...
I returned the first set that had the wrap around stainless backing.
Went to Amazon ordered there’s when they came there must have been a factory update to these pads because the stainless backing was totally different. Gone was the big wrap around just some little tabs and they fit like there supposed to.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts