Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Trackhawk, not too fussy about the amount of brake dust. Been thinking about changing to Powerstop Ceramic pads. I don't plan on tracking, just wondering if anyone has switched for daily driver use, how the brakes perform.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Love the Trackhawk, not too fussy about the amount of brake dust. Been thinking about changing to Powerstop Ceramic pads. I don't plan on tracking, just wondering if anyone has switched for daily driver use, how the brakes perform.
I changed out mine about a month ago and what a difference in the reduction of brake dust. Stopping is also great. No issues at all in dry or wet. No odd noises with mine either.

·
Banned
31 Posts
I changed out my front & rear factory Brembos for the Powerstop with less than 500 miles on them & it's been the best Mod thus far!!! No more washing the wheels and calipers after every drive and the brakes perform as well as the Brembos without all the dust!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Which pads? Evolution Z16 or Z17, or Evolution sport Z23, or Z36? Do we need new hardware if the TH only has 1500 miles on it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Which pads? Evolution Z16 or Z17, or Evolution sport Z23, or Z36? Do we need new hardware if the TH only has 1500 miles on it?
No need for new hardware being that new. I just re-used what was on there and all worked just fine. They come with pins, etc but I found the stock stuff looked to be better quality and just re-used them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No need for new hardware being that new. I just re-used what was on there and all worked just fine. They come with pins, etc but I found the stock stuff looked to be better quality and just re-used them.
Good info, thanks bud.

On a side note....Ordered mine from Rock Auto yesterday and they showed up today!:surprise:

Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do they have the Z26 version for the fronts? They only had the Z23 when I got mine, you could get the 26 for the rears but not the fronts.
I think the Z26 were only for the rears, which is kind of weird. Why would you upgrade the rears when they only supply about 30% of the braking force and not supply the same for the fronts? I went through the whole Powerstop pad selection, back and forth, scratching my head wondering why things were as they were like that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just replaced mine today with the Z23's and I have never done a more simple brake job in my life. Wow! Pull the pins on the back of the calipers, slide the pads out and replace with the new ones and put the pins back in. No pulling the caliper or anything.

Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can someone post the part number for the Z23's front and back. I don't trust the websites. Sounds like they don't make a Z26 for the front. I have these on my C7 as mentioned above. The difference between the Z23 and Z26 is a small metal plate for heat dispersion. Not a big deal since Z26's aren't track pads.

I kept my brembos pads on the vette for track days. I don't think our TH will ever see the track.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts