Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Makes sense.

I’m not totally clueless but certainly not very mechanically inclined so everyone’s help is very appreciated. I just want to be sure it’s done right. I could put it off but I just had the whole vehicle ceramic coated including the wheels and calipers and would prefer getting those dust throwers off ASAP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used the Z26 pads front and rear with no issues. Way less dust. The surface finish on the rotors does seem to have more grooves now. Not as smooth as the Brembos.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m sure plenty on here swapped and bedded new pads before break in was over without any problems. I am just overly cautious about things written in manuals and following them. If anything fails, the manufacturer often times will do their best to weasel out of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used the Z26’s. Love them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Z36 is best for this platform if you are going with powerstop.
I was told by Powerstop that the Z26 were the ones to go with for the weight of the Trackhawk and that Z36 could be used but would squeak more in the cold due to the material being slightly different then when asked if I would be towing or driving on any mountains I told them no and they said to go with the z26 because they will last longer than the z36 for daily driving 🤷🏽‍♂️ but who knows.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was told by Powerstop that the Z26 were the ones to go with for the weight of the Trackhawk and that Z36 could be used but would squeak more in the cold due to the material being slightly different then when asked if I would be towing or driving on any mountains I told them no and they said to go with the z26 because they will last longer than the z36 for daily driving 🤷🏽‍♂️ but who knows.
I have the Z26's and they work great. Not as much stopping power as the originals. but I don't track my hawk so that doesn't bother me. The lack of dust is an absolute must! I did their kit so I have their rotors as well. They look much better than the originals, don't rust and are drilled and slotted for heat dispersion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Z26's and they work great. Not as much stopping power as the originals. but I don't track my hawk so that doesn't bother me. The lack of dust is an absolute must! I did their kit so I have their rotors as well. They look much better than the originals, don't rust and are drilled and slotted for heat dispersion.
They make rotors for the Trackhawk?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts